• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

WANTED Truck wiring for 90 and up Dodge

dogface

Reaction score
Contact seller
I want to use the 42RE in my 87 and I’m looking for the wire harness from the newer pickups to do this changeover. An electric speedo is needed to, maybe the whole dash too, pm me here please

You mean 42 RH? RE didn't start til 96, RH is hydraulic governor, RE is electronic (computer controlled) governor. An "RH" accomplishes The same thing and is easier to use. Many use the RH on older cars still with points ignition eveb. No need to change over a whole wiring setup just for that.
And the 88-92 tbi system is CRAP. Keep your carbureted simplicity. K I S S principle.
Besides your 87 is probably geared 2.xx in the rear end, not the best situation with an overdrive.

Yes thinking the wrong thing meant the42RH. And I’ll be looking for the 8-1/4 3.55 gear (I have 5 cars with that rear) probably all low numbers though. TQ and the S2P2 intake is on the plate too.

You won't need a 90+ wiring harness. There's a couple of places online that sell a "kit" to enable them to shift into OD and for the lockup.
I have an A500 here (same thing as a 42 RH) that came from a 91 Dakota that I'm considering putting behind a /6 if I can locate a 60s /6 to small block pattern adapter,

Yes I’ve seen the kit for OD but I’m also wanting to do the cruise control also from the 92 Van. Looked again at the Van harness and it looks doable using everything (long enough) tilt steering column too with some fabing. All I’ll need then is the cluster from the later model truck.

You're making it harder you should be. Look at FABO for used my68barracuda, he put the 90+ gauges in his 83 d150 and is running a carbureted slant 6.

Back