• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Truck not firing

Lomax

Reaction score
Got the 79 together and going down the road, for a short time. It seems to fire when it wants to. It might crank 20 times in a row and then not crank for 2 days. With my spark tester hooked up when you turn the key on it will spark once and then no more. New parts include
Complete distributor
Voltage regulator
Control module
Coil
Ignition Switch
. Thought that maybe the module or the regulator was bad (even though they were new) so warrantied them and the coil out along with installed another pickup coil in the distributor. Even tried the Regulator and the module that was on the truck when we got it just to make sure that I didn't get some "bad out of the box" parts.
Im stuck. Please help someone
trucks an F-100 with a 302 4-speed.

Got the 79 together and going down the road, for a short time. It seems to fire when it wants to. It might crank 20 times in a row and then not crank for 2 days. With my spark tester hooked up when you turn the key on it will spark once and then no more. New parts include
Complete distributor
Voltage regulator
Control module
Coil
Ignition Switch
. Thought that maybe the module or the regulator was bad (even though they were new) so warrantied them and the coil out along with installed another pickup coil in the distributor. Even tried the Regulator and the module that was on the truck when we got it just to make sure that I didn't get some "bad out of the box" parts.
Im stuck. Please help someone
trucks an F-100 with a 302 4-speed.

Have you checked all your grounds? Is the dizzy cap cracked or broken?

Back