• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Tire fitment

Dutch106

Reaction score
I’m getting around to ordering a new set of tires for my truck and I was wondering if anyone can give me some insight. As of now I have 15x10 US mags on the back with 3.50” backspacing and 15x8 US mags on the front of my 1980 dodge d150. I’m thinking of ordering 295/50R15 for the rear. Will this size tire give me any fitment issues for the rear?

Thanks

You have any pictures of the 10smounted on your truck. I just scored some old school 15x9 slots

You have any pictures of the 10smounted on your truck. I just scored some old school 15x9 slots

I’ve got the 15x10 on the back now with some used 31x12.50x15 just so i can move it around. Gonna go pickup the 15x8 mags for the front today actually. I’ll post a pic later today when I fit them

I currently have 15x6.5 wheels on the front with 31x10.5x15. Same tire in the rear on 15x8

I got the wheels today (brand new) only to find that whoever first installed the center caps cross threaded the screws that hold them to the wheel. I returned those two wheels and I’m waiting on another two. In other news I tried to start the truck today only to find that the fuel tank is filthy and is in need of cleaning. I removed the tank and then found a large crack(s) on the top and side of it. Not sure if someone reproduces the tank. Maybe I can get by with the auxiliary tank for now ( truck is a dual fuel tank truck). Oh and here’s a pic of the wheels on the rear. There not the best pictures. Will take more once the new wheels arrive.

1E7F5A85-D115-40A6-9D08-800F33E52761.jpeg

1D4C5260-A077-4DE7-BB8B-95437BE44883.jpeg

those look great!The old slots are hard to beat. I'd like to score a pair of the wide Trailduster wheels for the back of mine to fill up those big fenders.

I’ll probably end up going with a 295/50R15 cooper cobra radial for the back. I’ll probably need to lower the back too to get it to sit lower. Thought about flipping the axle.

Back