• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Tig welders

Don selleck

Reaction score
Been welding with a mig for years, a lincoln with gas, have been getting better with it but by far I wouldn't call myself anywhere near professional. The project I'm on now will require some structural and alot of exhaust turbo piping. I have a friend who is a professional who has done most of my work in the areas that count, but with all the extensive welding that needs to be done I would like to start practicing with a tig and weld at least some of the areas that aren't front and center. I was wondering if any welders out there might recommend a tig that would weld up to 1/4" that can deliver a professional weld. without breaking the bank. Thanks, Don.

Google and you tube are your friends here. A friend of mine watches a channel where the guy is a welder, welding tips and tricks I think. He did a bunch of research and bought a inexpensive machine with good reviews. He uses it for home shop use

thanks Sporty, i talked to a good friend of mine, he said i can borrow his so will be checking his out just gotta figure out the settings and materials, etc. youtube should be useful for that too.

Back