• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Rusted cab mounts

WildCat

Reaction score
Ok guys

On for a bodies daily but don't come here very often.

I have a 1995 Dodge 2500 extended cab 4x4 with 8' bed and is powered with a cummins diesel. It has 151,000 miles and still in good shape, but it has had its share of rusting parts over the 13 years I have owned it.

It was Ziebart treated when new for rust protection, but still have had to change the transmission cooler, fuel filler neck, brake lines, fuel lines and now the CAB MOUNT on the front left has collapsed and bent the shifter rod causing it difficult to shift.

So what have you done about cab mounts?

Are any available replacements?

I plan on keeping the truck a while longer so I need to get this fixed. My body guy is going to check but thought I would check here to see if anyone might know of a source.

image.jpg

Which mounts are bad? Are the mounts collapsed or pushed into the floor?Pictures would be great

The front cab mounts have rusted and are collapsing. The floors are still solid

I pulled over a 25-30' cedar tree last year and that is when I noticed the shifter was difficult to get in park. A would guess that is when they started to collapse.

I was hooked to the trailer hitch but had to pull hard to get the tree to come over. Guess I should had videoed it since the little tree the guy pulled over with his cummins got so many hits on utube...... LOL

Might try and get pictures today

Anyone with a 94-02 Dodge Ram might want to keep an eye on the cab mounts

WildCat, I'm always on A bodies only too... I'm FJ5 Duster over there.

Nice 2nd Gen by the way!

This is not a fun job... I replaced all of my cab mounts on my 1997 2500 when I was doing the frame off restoration. Having my cab completely off the frame on stands did make the job much easier to do! As you said this is a common problem on 94-02 Dodge Ram trucks... Unfortunately Mopar has discontinued the mounts and no one is currently reproducing them. Your best bet is to call a southern salvage yard for good rust free ones as I did. Here is a good link for searching salvage yard inventories.

http://www.car-part.com/index.htm

I found mine at a yard in Georgia. They had all six mounts cut out and shipped to me for $475. I used a spot weld drill bit to remove the unwanted cab floor that was still attached to them. After that I soaked the cab mounts in evap-o-rust to be sure they had no rust hiding in them. Finally I painted the inside of the mounts plus coated them in bed liner before welding them into my cab. You can see my original front mounts with their replacements below.

i272.jpg

http://www.fortrucksonly.com/truckf...ave-Changed-20-Years-Ago!-1994-2001-Dodge-Ram

i272.jpg

Last edited:
DSC06839.jpg

DSC06840.JPG

left cab mounts

DSC06841.jpg

DSC06842.jpg

right cab mounts

thanks for the responses

looks like I need to start looking south or west

with that many trucks out there you would think someone would repo them

DSC06839.jpg

DSC06840.JPG

DSC06841.jpg

DSC06842.jpg

They were proud of those mounts. You can buy a rust free 2nd gen cab for that down here.

WildCat, I'm always on A bodies only too... I'm FJ5 Duster over there.

Nice 2nd Gen by the way!

This is not a fun job... I replaced all of my cab mounts on my 1997 2500 when I was doing the frame off restoration. Having my cab completely off the frame on stands did make the job much easier to do! As you said this is a common problem on 94-02 Dodge Ram trucks... Unfortunately Mopar has discontinued the mounts and no one is currently reproducing them. Your best bet is to call a southern salvage yard for good rust free ones as I did. Here is a good link for searching salvage yard inventories.

http://www.car-part.com/index.htm

I found mine at a yard in Georgia. They had all six mounts cut out and shipped to me for $475. I used a spot weld drill bit to remove the unwanted cab floor that was still attached to them. After that I soaked the cab mounts in evap-o-rust to be sure they had no rust hiding in them. Finally I painted the inside of the mounts plus coated them in bed liner before welding them into my cab. You can see my original front mounts with their replacements below.

View attachment 3888

http://www.fortrucksonly.com/truckf...ave-Changed-20-Years-Ago!-1994-2001-Dodge-Ram

Back