• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

WANTED Restoring my 87 W150 and need rear mount for factory radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbiggs

Reaction score
Contact seller
I know this may a long shot, but I'm hoping someone has the rear radio support bracket in their stash of used parts. Normally the radio support brackets are fairly simple straight pieces with bent ends at the attachment points, fairly easy to fabricate. But no..... not on my 87 W150. I was fortunate to find an original correct radio, but w/o the rear mount included.

Take a look at the picture taken from my parts book. The mount is C-shaped to fit around something in the dash. Not so easy to duplicate.

Here's what I have learned. The bracket is the same for all factory radios from the basic AM to cassette model and is part number 4216891 (no longer available from Chrysler naturally) My parts book cover years 1984-87, but am thinking it was the same for 1983-91 Dodge W and D models trucks and Ramchargers. Cars and Dakotas using the same radio use different mounts.

87 DT radio mount bracket.jpg

So, as is so often the case, when owners upgrade to newer radios they usually don't/can't use the rear mount bracket and install a tray type mount.
If somebody has this bracket and would be interested in selling it, I would greatly appreciate the chance to buy.
Thanks

We talked about my '92 radio support having a different part number. This last weekend I picked up an '87 d150 project and there is a difference when comparing the two. In this instance the pic from the manual you published is accurate in that the top and bottom arms of the "C" shape are directly inline with one another. On the '92 bracket I offered, the upper arm is angled away and not in line with the bottom arm. Will be going to the junkyard more frequently to buy items to get this project roadworthy and I'll keep my eye out for the correct one you need.

I was able to locate the radio support bracket in a salvage yard nearby. I do appreciate your kind offer of help.
Thanks, Pat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back