• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Remanufactured Heads

Smokey74

Reaction score
Has anyone purchased remanufactured heads off the internet from places like Cylinderheadsonly.com, Allied, cylinderheds international or any other site. If so was it a good quality, price, costermer service or anything else worth mentioning. I am lookin at heads for an FE 390 truck heads. Seems like a couple hundred for each head isn't too bad compared to shaving heads, guides valve job and possibly valves too. I have 2 old pairs and figured the aluminum heads are to pricey for this project. Wanted to rebuild them myself but...
Any help is appreciated.
Here are some pics of what I got. The chambers are before and after pics. wishing I could clean'em up.

4.png
2.png
3.png
1.png

I have never used any of those companies you listed, but have gotten heads from other companies. Sometimes you may be better off repairing what you have. I got a set for a 95 5.7 Chevy to replace the cracked ones on the engine. The one head looked good, but the other head had a crack repaired. It didn't leak and worked well, but I just didn't like the way it looked.

Back