• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Photos of newly acquired truck

Which one of my 3 engines should i use

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • 331 Hemi

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • 5.7L Hemi

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

MeatAnt

Reaction score
Hi Folks

I am new to this forum. I have posted some pics of my new truck. Dont know much about these but I am presuming it is a 1946. Can anyone fill me in on the Model Designation of these or are they just a 1946 1 1/2 Ton truck?. What rear ends do these have. I am going to leave it like it is as a Rat Rod look.

I would love to turn this into a Ramp Truck and I also have 3 engines lying around I could use for it. I have a 440, 331 Hemi and a 5.7L Hemi. I know which way im leaning but would love to have some thoughts to what others think.

meatant2.jpg

meatant.jpg

I get the rat rod look and if that all it's going to be then I say the 331 . But if your going to be using it as a ramp truck then I say the 440 , but don't use any chrome or modern stuff like for the valve covers an such . I think the 5.7 would be to modern for the look your going for . Just my two cents .

Ramp Truck most Def!!! I'd actually find a donor Semi truck and transplant the drivetrain. I'd try to find a cummins 8.3 with an eaton/fuller behind it. It would be an animal.

Your truck seems to be a wd 20/21. lot of them were sold trough the marshall plan in europe and used trough the world after the war.If your willing to build a ramp truck i wil go with a 331/ 440 but a cummins will be fine on such a truck.

welcome from sunny california cool truck , know a guy here in california that collects those years vintage trucks . here some of his stuff .
DSC08647.JPG
DSC08650.JPG
DSC08653.JPG
DSC08815.JPG
DSC08816.JPG
DSC08831.JPG
DSC08832.JPG
DSC08885.JPG

Cool truck. Of the choices listed..
If it's a 'working' ramp truck, go with the 5.7 for dependability, decent power and reasonable economy.

If it's a seldom used cool ramp truck, the 440 would be cooler.

For the great rat rod... 331 all the way.

All kinda depends on how you would use it..

Any updates on this project????

Gathering Parts and I now have Dual wheel Dana 60 Rear instead of the 2 speed eaton, Dual rear wheels, The 5.7L Hemi Im using has now had Machine work and heads have been reco. Have got the centre cut out of my front 8 lug wheels and welded into a modern 20 inch wheel so I can get it low and run a lower profile tyre. Have acquired a 545RFE transmission, new gas tank so I can run an in tank fuel pump to suit the fuel injection, disc brake kit from Rusty Hope. I am also restoring a 1958 Imperial so that takes a lot of my funds and time away and also looking at moving house so I can have a larger shed to work on these things.

And also found a hood for it.

Last edited:
Have also dragged it out from the paddock it had sat in for 40 years and removed engine and box

IMG_8552.jpg

IMG_8552.jpg

Last edited:
Sounds good, 58 Imperial you say, I know it's not a C-body but some guy's at FCBO would love to see it.

this guy here that has a few of those trucks in his yard . i could check for you . but shipping it would not be cheap . he's in to them abit , lol .
DSC08851.JPG
DSC08852.JPG
DSC08885.JPG
DSC08653.JPG

Your truck seems to be a wd 20/21. lot of them were sold trough the marshall plan in europe and used trough the world after the war.If your willing to build a ramp truck i wil go with a 331/ 440 but a cummins will be fine on such a truck.
Sure, leave it to the guy in Europe to know the model designation! I had to look through Google to find more info, and this thread. I only saw these trucks, in pictures of course, with 6 lug wheels. And they didn't look as big and tough as yours.

Back