• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Phase 2

LocuMob

Fluid Technician
Reaction score
Well by golly, it's time for me to work on my stuff so why not work on landscaping instead? After doing the big project last year, deck hot tub and rock all around the house, it's time for phase 2. We have some flowering bushes that we stuck a cupola in the middle of that will get rock and edgers. We replaced the granddaughters swing set and will be putting sand and pea gravel around and edging as well. Moving around the corner we decided to put edgers and rock down in front where the dog does her business. It will look better than dirt. Have had to deal with uneven widths of concrete, makes putting edgers in fun!

IMG_20170511_192556.jpg

IMG_20170512_141833.jpg

IMG_20170512_141847.jpg

Where do you find the energy?
I don't. I sleep at work! I'm getting too old for a the squatting and being on my knees (insert dirty joke here) while working on the hotter days. I'm trying to think of what the home office might request next year, and get it done this year!

The plan here for this year is doing what did not get done last year.

You are doing good.

Boy I KNOW the whole "yard work" on your knees feeling is, I just got 7/8th of our yard done with landscaping timbers and a LOT of kneeling, and with my hands and being in an accident that mangled them, so......... Pain at times is a weekly thing to endur..... BUT I got a few more pieces of timber to put down, and once done, the whole yard will be done to the liking of Mrs 67 Power Wagon! Then its planting grass!!!!! Thats more easy then the timbers!

Native grass or the typical mow me lawn grass?
Plan here is to return back to all native grass and flowers as much a possible.
The garden will eventually be all raised bed. Some of the garden green house style. Winter crops can be grown here with some protection.
Got to get the garden planting areas off the ground and contained. The other half would have me plow the whole yard and I would not mind it but help maintaining it stops between planting and harvest.

Looks good! I here you on the hunny do's. Here is my current project. She wanted chickens so I've been working on a a coop.

Looks good! I here you on the hunny do's. Here is my current project. She wanted chickens so I've been working on a a coop.
I agree it looks a little small but should work for a small group of chickens. My old neighbors had 10-12 to start with and had around 50 when I moved. Free eggs anytime!

I agree it looks a little small but should work for a small group of chickens. My old neighbors had 10-12 to start with and had around 50 when I moved. Free eggs anytime!
We only have 6 so hopefully it will do for now. Thanks for the heads up though! I guess I'll have to remodel if necessary later.

6 total? The only part I can see that I'd "remodel" would be the door. I think 6, if medium to small sized chickens do OK in a small coop!

Shhhh, my wife's been after me for chickens.......... for years but I'm still resisting. I do love some fresh eggs and she can do wonders with fried chicken, but we don't even have a dog as that requires too much planning if you want to leave town for a day.

6 total? The only part I can see that I'd "remodel" would be the door. I think 6, if medium to small sized chickens do OK in a small coop!
Yeah 6 total. We are in city limits and don't want to tick off the neighbors. Eventually we'd like to get some more property but until then that's all we can have

Shhhh, my wife's been after me for chickens.......... for years but I'm still resisting. I do love some fresh eggs and she can do wonders with fried chicken, but we don't even have a dog as that requires too much planning if you want to leave town for a day.

Yeah I hear you. I didn't really want them either but gotta support the wife's hobbies if I want her to support mine.

Yeah 6 total. We are in city limits and don't want to tick off the neighbors. Eventually we'd like to get some more property but until then that's all we can have

Yeah. we too are in the City Limits and they will allow up to 3 chickens in the 'limits, but the places to buy the chickens only sell them 6 at a time so...... Kinda like "pets" as a start..... (I grew up on a farm) and the wife & daughter like them as birds when we hit the fairs locally in the late summer early fall..... SO.... BUT thats a pipe dream for both of them right now..... I'd rather have a rabbit...... much more friendly LOL AND we just lost the family pet rabbit we had my Dad got his grand daughter so.... its been a hard loss.... I had a good attachment to the rabbit just because it came from Dad and I lost him 3 years ago so. plus the Uncle I recently lost had part in that Rabbit coming to my little family so a lot of "family connections" in one animal, that was as loving as any pet could be.....

So thats one we'll get another rabbit to fill that emptiness, but the one we lost because of the family connections she carried, could never be replaced....

Yeah. we too are in the City Limits and they will allow up to 3 chickens in the 'limits, but the places to buy the chickens only sell them 6 at a time so...... Kinda like "pets" as a start..... (I grew up on a farm) and the wife & daughter like them as birds when we hit the fairs locally in the late summer early fall..... SO.... BUT thats a pipe dream for both of them right now..... I'd rather have a rabbit...... much more friendly LOL AND we just lost the family pet rabbit we had my Dad got his grand daughter so.... its been a hard loss.... I had a good attachment to the rabbit just because it came from Dad and I lost him 3 years ago so. plus the Uncle I recently lost had part in that Rabbit coming to my little family so a lot of "family connections" in one animal, that was as loving as any pet could be.....

So thats one we'll get another rabbit to fill that emptiness, but the one we lost because of the family connections she carried, could never be replaced....
Sorry for your loss. It's never easy loosing loved ones.
I like rabbits I had a few growing up. The wife was wanting the chickens for the eggs. She is wantin to start relying on ourselves a little more and the grocery store a little less. We also planted a garden this year.

Sorry for your loss. It's never easy loosing loved ones.
I like rabbits I had a few growing up. The wife was wanting the chickens for the eggs. She is wantin to start relying on ourselves a little more and the grocery store a little less. We also planted a garden this year.

Thanks man, yeah its difficult we all miss that pet, (as we will all of them that we have!) But we plan to fill that spot she left open. you know?

As for the reason, yes, I grew up on a farm, my Wife's a gardener and has been planting "food" plants through out the yard, and this year, we're doing a full on garden with part of the yard we have thats just not good to grow grass in, for a lawn, plus its unused otherwise and would make for a good garden location So.... I just wished I owned a little "Mantis" tiller..... Make my life so much easier and a lot less hurtful on myself from the physicalness of tilling by hand, due to some of the limitations I have health-wise....

Thanks man, yeah its difficult we all miss that pet, (as we will all of them that we have!) But we plan to fill that spot she left open. you know?

As for the reason, yes, I grew up on a farm, my Wife's a gardener and has been planting "food" plants through out the yard, and this year, we're doing a full on garden with part of the yard we have thats just not good to grow grass in, for a lawn, plus its unused otherwise and would make for a good garden location So.... I just wished I owned a little "Mantis" tiller..... Make my life so much easier and a lot less hurtful on myself from the physicalness of tilling by hand, due to some of the limitations I have health-wise....
Sounds like we're doing about the same thing with the garden except we went with a raised bed because we have such a hard time controling the weeds and we have poor soil quality. So far it has helped. I've used one of those mantis tillers and they are nice. Way better than the old mid tine tiller I picked up a few years ago. That thing is probably just as rough on one's body as hand tilling only up side is its quicker.

Well by golly, it's time for me to work on my stuff so why not work on landscaping instead? After doing the big project last year, deck hot tub and rock all around the house, it's time for phase 2. We have some flowering bushes that we stuck a cupola in the middle of that will get rock and edgers. We replaced the granddaughters swing set and will be putting sand and pea gravel around and edging as well. Moving around the corner we decided to put edgers and rock down in front where the dog does her business. It will look better than dirt. Have had to deal with uneven widths of concrete, makes putting edgers in fun!

View attachment 8827

View attachment 8828

View attachment 8829
Sorry for hijacking your thread didn't mean to.

Back