• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

One of my 37 Dodge trucks

Arthur

Reaction score
Here are a couple of photos of one of my 37 Dodge 1 ton trucks. It's sitting on a 72 Ford F-250 4X4 chassis,and still has the FE Ford engine and running gear.

L Front.jpg

Left Rear.jpg

I would love to build one of those! That is in awesome shape for it's year!

got a few 37 a 36 a 38 all 1/2 tons . yours was a big series truck . should of grabbed one of them too , there was one sitting for years . and the land sold , it just was gone one day . but still got my 41 4x4 , was a command car before my dad bought it . rancher made it into an orchard truck , he put the cab on it after a winter uses in the sierra's . hey 74w200 my dad lives in foresthill ca , on the street that the states yard is . isabella ? him and his girl friend .

DSC08177.JPG

DSC04748.JPG

DSC04743.JPG

I would love to build one of those! That is in awesome shape for it's year!

Well,I have another cab,chassis,front fenders,hood,and set of running boards. It's untouched and rough,but could be fixed as easily as anything else. If I were younger and didn't have so many project I would go 50's style hot rod truck with it,and z the chassis front and rear maybe 4 to 6 inches,put a 1 ton beam axle under the front end,and run the stock grille shell with no fenders or running boards. I'd use a Cummings turbo diesel,6 speed trans,and have the big chrome diesel stacks running up at the rear of the cab. In the rear,I'd build a 6 foot long wooden bed with wood racks on the front and sides,and put a dually rear end under it to finish it off.

In fact,that was my plans for it before age and reality caught up with and whupped my butt.

I'll probably be selling the one in the photos next year after I get something else on the road. Can't keep them all.

there becoming a rage , rat towtrucks n fltbeds big rubb'r n axles with that cunnings hanging out there n da wind , ha bud i can dig it . what about a dump bed sitting atop those giant duels . wouldn't need much body cab n doors grille shell running boards to keep that slam'd look going on .

there becoming a rage , rat towtrucks n fltbeds big rubb'r n axles with that cunnings hanging out there n da wind , ha bud i can dig it . what about a dump bed sitting atop those giant duels . wouldn't need much body cab n doors grille shell running boards to keep that slam'd look going on .

Channeled pu cabs or pu cabs on Z'd frames without fenders,hood,or running boards,and beds just long enough to hold a gas tank were popular here in the east in the 50's and 60's. Pretty much never saw roadsters being driven. When it gets cold and starts to rain or snow,people like to have solid tops and windows that roll up.

I guess the dump body would work,but for me,I like the short stake body beds. Not that there is anything saying you can't make a stake body dump so anything heavy you haul in it can't just be slid right out to the ground on ramps,though.

No sure I have the time to tackle one o those builds right now unfortunately... Wife wants her 4 wheeler finished up first.

Paul it always amazes me how small of a world it is. You parents live within 2 miles of me. I live right in town.

wow , yes its smaller then we think . and that w200crew will be waiting . lol . he's 86 and loves the mountains . he's that old guy driving a 2000 f250 4x4 white extracab shortbed with a green camper shell on it , always drives slower than everyone , lol . she's got fords also .

Back