• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

new sweptline guy

demulsion

Reaction score
I guess I just jumped straight into the Dodge forum, and didn't introduce myself in here. I'm a Mopar guy, if that wasn't obvious already... I stumbled upon this site through FABO, as my first car was (is) a '76 Dart. I picked up a '68 D200 several years ago, intending to flip it after stealing the like new wheels/tires off of it for my '74 D200 crew cab. Well the '74 is long gone, and I've made a hobby out of the '61-'71 sweptline trucks. I've owned 8 so far, from a 1/2 ton short bed, to a 2 1/2 ton flat bed. I buy, sell, and trade parts for them as time and finances allow. I know everybody likes pictures, so I'll post the ones I have right now:

That first '68 I converted to a Power Wagon. 318/NP435/NP205:
IMG_9569.jpg

My daily '68 D100 with a 225/833OD:
blue%20truck.jpg

And a '65 shorty project waiting for a rainy day. New Yorker front clip, 400/727:
65d100.jpg

I know we've talked back and forth already but I don't remember if I ever welcomed you aboard . So just in case , WELCOME ! lol Some sweet trucks you got ! I know what your saying about being a Mopar "car" guy until that first truck comes along . For me it was two trucks . One one a 79 lil red and the other one was a 85 Ramcharger . I fell for your gen trucks when I met a guy that lived about two blocks from me with a lifted 68 long bed (Black primered) . That was a MEAN truck !

Hey Bear, you'll appreciate this. Here is the Dart I grew up in.
dart_kent.jpg

Yep, that's me...
dart_me.jpg

And a more recent shot of it (it's never done...).
IMG_7461b.jpg

COOL ! :thumb: And it look's like you kept it alive and "in" the family ! What is it a 74 / 75 ?

Oct '75 build as a '76 model. So it barely squeaked out of the factory with four wheel drums (I've fixed that now). Interesting spec'ed car, as it had almost all of the exterior options, and almost none of the interior ones. 225/833od It's my big go cart.

Let me guess . Vinyl bench seats and an AM radio ? lol My brother had one with leather seats believe it or not .

The 65 looks like an interesting project. Your dart look really good, neat that it has been in your family for so long.

Back