• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

My 98 Dakota Sport Club Cab 4X4

chlngr1970

Reaction score
Picked up this '98 Dakota Sport Club Cab 4X4 with a 5.2/Auto a few months ago. Plans for the truck include:
  • swapping in a 5.9, and 9.25 rear, from a 2K Dakota R/T I picked up
  • upgrading the front gears to match the 3.92 rear gears in the R/T rear
  • replacing the Pioneer CD player with a DD nav deck
  • installing subs in the back, either under the back seat, or in the rear side panels
  • looking for Dakota R/T wheels
I've already replaced the front speakrs with Focal 165V30 separates powered by an Alpine MRV-F540 bridged to two chanels, and a Kicker ZX400.1 powering the two factory 6.5s in the rear as subs.

Great forum BTW!

j Dakota Dr.jpgDakota Pass.jpg

Dakota Dr.jpg

Dakota Pass.jpg

Picked up this '98 Dakota Sport Club Cab 4X4 with a 5.2/Auto a few months ago. Plans for the truck include:
  • installing subs in the back, either under the back seat, or in the rear side panels
I've already replaced the front speakrs with Focal 165V30 separates powered by an Alpine MRV-F540 bridged to two chanels, and a Kicker ZX400.1 powering the two factory 6.5s in the rear as subs.

Great forum BTW!

jView attachment 126View attachment 127
Add a snowplow to it when your done and you will be ready for anything....:peep:

Great forum BTW!

jView attachment 126View attachment 127

Good day mate,

You Dakota looks like mine.
My one is made in Brazil.
It's the brazilian version for Dakota RT.
Its engine is a Magnum 5.2 liters.
Its only RWD.
And I love how it looks like.

Dakota Magnum 5.2 (6).jpgDakota Magnum 5.2 (7).jpg

Dakota Magnum 5.2 (6).jpg

Dakota Magnum 5.2 (7).jpg

I ended up selling mine a few months ago so I could pick up her big sister. 1997 Ram 3500 DRW, with a CTD :D I REALLY miss that Dakota. it just wouldn't pull our fifth wheel. AND. the Ram get's 19 MPG where as the Dak only got 12MPG gas. If I sell my Duster, I'll be driving cross country to pick up either a 70 Swinger, or a 70 Challenger project. That will be the first car my truck pulls. unless I deliver the Duster to a new owner ;)

Great looking truck tho. MAYBE one day I can get another Dakota. I just want to many toys is all ;)

j

97 Ram.jpg

Last edited:
I ended up selling mine a few months ago so I could pick up her big sister. 1997 Ram 3500 DRW, with a CTD :D I REALLY miss that Dakota. it just wouldn't pull our fifth wheel. AND. the Ram get's 19 MPG where as the Dak only got 12MPG gas. If I sell my Duster, I'll be driving cross country to pick up either a 70 Swinger, or a 70 Challenger project. That will be the first car my truck pulls. unless I deliver the Duster to a new owner ;)

Great looking truck tho. MAYBE one day I can get another Dakota. I just want to many toys is all ;)

j

Thanks, this truck is my dream, and it makes me very happy.
I usually get almost 15 MPG with it.
I'm not sure but it may be cause it's only RWD.

Your Ram Cummins Diesel with DRW is awsome.
I surelly understand your choice.
I wish I could have one of those too.

I also have a Dodge Ram, but it's a 1500 and has a Magnum 5.9 liters.
Only RWD too.
I can get more than 15 MPG with it.
But it wouldn't be able to pull your 5th wheel neither.

eucaliptal (5).jpg

milharal (8).jpg

I also have a Mopar project car.
It's an A body, based on the Dodge Dart that used to be made in Brazil from 1969 to 1981.
It's a 1979 brazilian Dodge Magnum, and it has a LA 318.

The biggest engine that has ever been made in Brazil.
Thanks to Dodge american way of building cars in foreign countrys.

eucaliptal (5).jpg

milharal (8).jpg

Back