• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

My 89 Power Ram Resurection!

89on35s

Reaction score
Here is my former daily driver after sitting out at the farm for way too long. I finally got my long term Duster project on the road last year so now it's time to get this back operational.
It has a 318, 727, NP241, and Dana 60s with 4.10 gears. Currently 38" Super Swampers and open Diffs. I'll likely get a rear locker or limited slip and some more winter friendly tires. Definitely need more room if I'm gonna stay with 38s. I'll have a summer hot rod and a winter hot rod!
Long term goals include a 408 small block for power.

Cley
IMG_20161126_155955.jpg

Not much to report. I towed it to my Mom's house last fall, and then winter set in before I expected it to, halting further progress. I'm pretty sure old gas is what prevented me from starting it last fall. I guess this spring when I get my Duster out of hibernation, I'll get the truck running. It has a ferocious transmission leak that I hope is coming from the front seal, otherwise it will be the pump or torque convertor.

I picked up a set of 16x6 - 8x6.5" bolt pattern plain steel rims that I will install some 215/65-15 tires on (cause I have them) so I can use them to roll it under my low garage door. If I had done that this fall, it could be usable by now! Hopefully I will get it reliable in the early summer so it can be my lake truck for hauling wood and water. Then in the fall I can bring it home for winter hot rod duty!

Cley
20171014_172054.jpg

OK, when I was neglecting my truck out on the farm where I never saw it, it was somehow easier. But I saw it on sunday and it was calling to me! It looked so sad and cold! It was calling me an asshole! And I deserved it. Come on spring!

Cley

20180204_161103.jpg

I saw my car at my storage place last night, I sweat I heard it asked me "how much longer?"

I know my Mom is asking "How much longer"! I left it beside her house for the winter, and though she never said anything yet, I don't think she is too impressed.

Cley

Back