• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Making myself do it.

LocuMob

Fluid Technician
Reaction score
I'm a lazy ass by nature, there I said it. Maybe that's why I've had my Dart for 18 years and it hasn't been a car, other than the technical sense, for most of those years. If it's moved more than 15 miles under it's own power in that time, I'll be surprised. My Polara ate up most of the parts that were destined for the Dart, so that doesn't help matters any. My truck, ha! I've been aquiring parts for it, just found something else it needs, ugh, when does it end?!! I'm okay with that, because it should be simple, right? Even the dog is laughing at me.

I have 11 days to get to get a 1956 Mercury Medalist running, (with a carb I know nothing about, and fix the brakes. I've got th wheel cylinders, and a new master cylinder for it because I would just rather replace them and not worry about them and I can get drums and shoes quickly if needed.

Hopefully this gets me motivated to get my Dart back together even though it needs an engine built for it. So much for dropping the car over the k frame/engine trans combo.

11 days. Time to start.

what year dart and whats it need , beside hands on time , lol ?
67 Dart 270, making it a GT Hemi what if. Have full badging, full interior, gonna big block it til the money tree gives me enough for a Hemi. Put SS springs in it need to put the rear shocks in. Have a 68 K frame, manual box, manual drums, buckets, console. Was an A/C car but have a non A/C firewall to cut a clean section from. Had the car way too long but need to see it finished, and I need to get moving. Gotta work on the Merc, then plow ahead and get my fleet on the road. Driving, and I'll be happy. Upgrades can come later but I want to drive them. The dart really doesn't need much, not much more than a pulse.

well i had a 69 gt with a b block conversion . sold the cars body kept the running gear and mountings . doesn't sound like you need , by in case you do . just ask /

just drug two out a e440 and f440 , e440 is got water in the wrong areas will need fitt'n . it was a freash'n runner . the f440other will be the donner for my 69 d200 crewcab had a 318 in it . just got the f440 pig clean enough to paint and put the truck pan on . headers , alum intake , electronic ign and alt , not sure what carb . was a holley on the 70 nyr its from . i think a motorhome would be a good block for alum heads , raise the cr a bit . or an older grampa chrysler that never got driven , thats were this donner eng/trans came from . nice car to all but that door . kinda hated to ripe it all apart . but it was disc nosed still in oem paint . i have parts to build one . shipping will be the killer .

69700010.jpg

69700012.jpg

DSC07920.JPG

DSC07923.JPG

Back