• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Looking for some help/information on this Dodge truck I found.

Bart K

Reaction score
I have come across what I believe to be a 1966 or 1967 Stepside Dodge PU. It appears to have a V8 and a 4 speed. I think it is a D100. I am attaching a few pics and would like to know anything about it anyone could tell me, especially around value as a project and completed. I really like this truck, just not sure if I should move on it or not. It does not appear to have been moved for a while, not sure if it runs or not. I am just looking for some idea of what this truck is worth in this condition, how rare it is, how desirable it is, and what it might be worth in restored condition.
Dodge Truck 1.jpg
Dodge Truck 2.jpg
Dodge Truck 3.jpg
Dodge Truck 4.jpg

Cool truck. I had a 67 4x4, a W200 I think. It had sat for ages and when we tried to "pop" it by letting out the clutch, the rear axle bolts broke, and folded back some. We shoved it into the woods, my asshat roommate shoved it into a tree, ruining the grille, the only mint part of the truck.

That looks pretty good in pictures, big block and a 4 speed, that adds some. Did a price get mentioned, I becoming a cheap skate as I get older, and find that setting the price below my allowable threshold, I have gotten things for a lot less than I would have expected. That helps, doesn't it?

What and more what? Why did it get shoved into the woods? Trying to hide it? Where are the pictures?
Broken axle bolts? Leaf spring bolt or axle shaft bolts?

Come on you intreged the interest there going to be a rest of the story?

Oldest son did an update to a 64 power wagon couple years ago. Some one offered him a ridicules amount for it before it was even finished and he sold it.

Cool truck. I had a 67 4x4, a W200 I think. It had sat for ages and when we tried to "pop" it by letting out the clutch, the rear axle bolts broke, and folded back some. We shoved it into the woods, my asshat roommate shoved it into a tree, ruining the grille, the only mint part of the truck.

That looks pretty good in pictures, big block and a 4 speed, that adds some. Did a price get mentioned, I becoming a cheap skate as I get older, and find that setting the price below my allowable threshold, I have gotten things for a lot less than I would have expected. That helps, doesn't it?
I am not sure of the size of the engine as there is a huge rat nest on top of the intake manifold. I hear he is asking $2000. My thought is to offer $1500, but I would really like to ask whether or not the engine runs, why the truck got parked, does it have the original engine, etc. If he does not call today, I have been invited to meet in person Friday morning, so I will let you all know what happens.

its a d100 short utiline cargo box with driverside spare tire mount . great little p/u . i have a 64 was a /6 , now 383 auto kept the type writer shifter . working on my 69 d200 crewcab utiline cargo box was a 318/auto , now 440/ auto .

DSC06661.JPG

DSC06664.JPG

DSC09262.JPG

DSC07548.JPG

DSC08197.JPG

DSC01384.JPG

DSC00830.JPG

DSC07921.JPG

DSC07922.JPG

DSC01380.JPG

Ok guys, I am buying the truck. I will pay and pick it up Monday and drag it home. My wife is not thrilled, but hey, at least it is not another woman, right???? Here is a link to a short video of this truck.

well it will take time from them in their eyes , but they should see it is something for your enjoyment . and she'll dig driving in it , i'm sure . mine get tons of looks n comments , always thumbs up ! my 60 has come around a bit since the hot rodding .
DSC06665.JPG
DCP01180.JPG
DSC04068.JPG

@Bart K, congratulations on getting the truck. Hope he took some off some of his price for giving you a rats nest! Does it run? What engine does it have, and finally what are your plans?

What and more what? Why did it get shoved into the woods? Trying to hide it? Where are the pictures?
Broken axle bolts? Leaf spring bolt or axle shaft bolts?

Come on you intreged the interest there going to be a rest of the story?
Got your attention, huh? Yeah, not what I wanted to do with it. I got it from a guy who sold his Lil Red to my roommate. I was looking for a flat fendered Power Wagon, and he was selling a 67 Power Wagon. I didn't know what years the old style production ended, asked him if it was a flat fendered one, he says "yeah", and off went a deposit. Get up there, 3 1/2 hours away to see a regular old Dodge truck. After some bitching about him bullshitting me, he throws in a divorced transfer case (I got $250 for it) and some other miscellaneous parts, fenders stand out. My dumbass actually gave him the rest of the money. The floor was rusted out on the driver's side, the bed wood was gone, and it wasn't in great shape.

Stored it at a friend's place for the winter and he told me to "get this ugly thing outta here!" once spring came around. We brought it home and put it in the back yard so the front didn't have 20 vehicles. We pulled it out to see if it would turn over and that's when we broke the U bolts where the axle bolts to the springs. Scary with an axle barely hanging on, it was before digital cameras were common, otherwise I'd post them. Put it back in the trees out back, not knowing my roommates dipshit brother was going to push me into a tree. I chewed his ass and all he and his brother did was laugh. They smashed a perfectly good grille, it was the only thing I planned on taking. I should have taken the bed too, but I sold it with it, and when the buyer came, he was happy as a school girl when he saw it still had the bed.

I learned a lot of lessons with that truck. I only dealt with it directly for a few days even though I owned it for a year or so. I'll see if I have any pictures of it.

really nice truck i love the bed she looks nice. congrats what a good score.

Back