• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

looking for a /6 to np435 bellhousing.

nuttyprof

Reaction score
Title says it, looking for a /6 to np435 bellhousing. I have a sb bell Id be happy to trade if someone wants it.

I've got one but shipping could be a killer. Also have a twenty pound lift limit for another month so just keep me in mind if you can't find one closer/sooner.
Mike

DSCN3292.JPG

If this is the same Bell that the /6 833 overdrive bolts to I believe I still have access to one and would consider the trade providing the same transmission bolts to it. You are in Nebraska right?

a833 trans uses a totally different bellhousing, thanks anyway 7mopar. Mike, you are the first solid lead I've had on this bell in over a year. I've posted several times on 4 different websites. I'll let you know if I can't find one closer. (I know shipping will be bad but what ya gona do?)

Last edited:
No biggie, I've had this thing laying around for eons. Son managed to kill the /6 in his first vehicle (D100) and I bought a 71 D100 for the motor, the transmission was a leftover so it sits. Something like 23 or 24 years ago now? Oh yeah, #1 piston was hanging outside the block when he got done with the original - it still ran but not so good. It'll be at least a month until I dare pick this up to pack it up as it's cast and heavy as.......... Oh, and no need for another bell at this time.
Mike

It takes tallent or real determination to kill a slant! Typical that it still ran, they are too stupid to know how to quit! No rush on the bell, I still have to swap cabs on this truck, and have to build rear cab mounts to do that.

I have a 77 D200 crew cab short box with the optional heavy frame. I don't need the crew cab and the mounts are rusted off anyway, so the plan is to put a standard cab and a long box on. That will leave about 20" between them so I"m going to take the front of the old bed and a piece of the old cab and make a tool box to fill that space. It will have the same body lines so it should blend in well, just make it look like a really long box!

Sounds interesting at the very least. Challenging at the other end. I can also see now where you got the front part of your username on here - just poking a little bit. Good luck with it and have fun, but don't forget to let us see how it progresses.

Yeah, it no longer hurts to move, I'm now at the "itching to do something" stage. Another couple weeks and I should be good to go and am more than ready to do so. Sure don't want to mess it up and have to go through the first couple weeks again though so staying pretty cautious.

Getting real close. Say, you don't happen to have a connection along I-29, do you? My stepson will be heading south in another week or so and would have room to tote it along, but likely won't have much time to deviate far, so if there's an easy drop point along that route it's a possible thought. Of course it'd be real difficult to predict his schedule and so on, so would have to be a real flexible arrangement.

I 29 is just across the river from Omaha. I could probably get something set up. I would need a time and date for that though, unless he could stop at Boys Town on his way through. My son works there.

How ya doing up in the north? Got snow yet? We got a little wet snow but it's all gone already.

Not so bad here as it could be, probably about 5 inches or so still on the ground with a chance of a bit more this week. Should at least be a white Christmas. Best part is only one night below zero so far.

Not so bad here as it could be, probably about 5 inches or so still on the ground with a chance of a bit more this week. Should at least be a white Christmas. Best part is only one night below zero so far.

Thanks Polara_500. It was nice meeting you. Now I have one less excuse for procrastinating on that truck build!:)

Back