• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Long box to short box conversion

jon

Reaction score
Is there any YouTube tutorials or other videos on a long to shortbox conversion? 77 dodge clubcab.

I found the same one. The way they cut it though,I don't think it's a true shortbox.

Last edited:
Ive seen them on the Motor Trend channel, places like Texas metal and Kindig's show, counting cars and such.... never seen one in person. Some go junking and find short beds to put on teh shortened frames while one of those shows took a '66-ish Chevy and cut down the original 8'bed to match the shortened frame.
My problem has been the opposite. I want an 8' bed truck, and usually wind up with a short bed.....
that truck pictured above was recently on Ebay where the seller told of cutting down an original long box truck and (I think) linked a video as to how he did it.....

I would really like to shorten it and put a stepside on but they're hard to find up here in Canada. I need to find a source down south.

Good luck, they're out there, but you have to be quick on the draw. Last one I got was a few years back, I got the fenders and my buddy got the box, for $550. I doubt he will use it, it's been almost 20 years since he got his Lil Red, and he's never touched it. I've gone back and forth over making a trailer to match the box on my crew cab. Another toy to go with the bigger toy!

Back