• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Lokar Accelerator and Kickdown cables

rdunnam

Reaction score
I have an '89 Dodge D100, anyone ever swapped original out and used the Lokar accelerator cable combo'ed with the kickdown cable? I don't have OEM v8 kickdown linkage, I have v6, rods aren't long enough to work, have Eddy carb, I replaced v6 engine with 5.9 carbureted, instead of searching for OEM stuff
IMG_3362[1].JPG
and putting a puzzle together, thinking about the Lokar kickdown cable, appears to be straight forward. Then, along with that they have the accelerator cable that mates into the bracket near carb connecting point, all looks neat and hopefully operates in a smooth fashion.

I have an '89 Dodge D100, anyone ever swapped original out and used the Lokar accelerator cable combo'ed with the kickdown cable? I don't have OEM v8 kickdown linkage, I have v6, rods aren't long enough to work, have Eddy carb, I replaced v6 engine with 5.9 carbureted, instead of searching for OEM stuff View attachment 16849 and putting a puzzle together, thinking about the Lokar kickdown cable, appears to be straight forward. Then, along with that they have the accelerator cable that mates into the bracket near carb connecting point, all looks neat and hopefully operates in a smooth fashion.
Don't be afraid of the cable. I run a Lokar cable set for the throttle & kick-down in my A100. The throttle cable is 96" long....but is far better than the original rods & linkage setup. It also gets rid of the very agricultural brackets and lever system for the kick=down.

BTW....I also have the fancy new double cable bracket and the Holley Sniper installed.

Back