• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Introduction

kork340

Reaction score
Hi all, my name is Mark. I have been into Mopars most of my life. I have owned several over the years, cars and trucks. Pics of some have been posted in the gallery. I find myself currently without a truck, but am going to look at a 78 Power Wagon this Sat. So I may be truckin again soon! It is a one owner plow truck. Hoping it's not a rustbucket!

Welcome and good luck with the 78 . Let us know weather you get it or not .

It is a one owner plow truck. Hoping it's not a rustbucket![/QUOTE]

Being born & raised in PA I learned that Plow Truck & rust go hand in hand Good Luck!

Welcome!!

Well being that I have lived here most of my life, and in Cambria County to boot, I am well aware of rust problems. That is why when I called I specifically asked about rust issues. I was told, no body cancer and no frame scale. Well wrong on both counts! Frame was very weak by the rear spring mounts and rusted all over. Body was repaired in several spots. Rockers mudded and floor fiberglassed. Pass fender shot, pass door mirror half ripped off. Driver door needs attention. Bed was in surprisingly good shape though.It is a shortbed Sno-Fiter and the original color was Light Gold metallic, with 50k on it. 318 auto. Way too pricey for all the work it needs, so I will pass on this one.

I hate people like that . When are they going to learn that rust free doesn't mean that the rust is free . I come across those people all the time . I remember one time I was interested in an 80's something Ramcharger . The guy's ad didn't say much about the truck except that it was super clean, low millage , and very dependable and there were no pictures of it in his ad . When I talked to the guy over the phone I asked him about rust . He said it had zero rust and it was super solid . I asked him if it was a 4 wheel drive . He said that it was and it never got stuck . I asked him how it ran and are the any issue's with it . He said no and it ran great . I asked him if it had any goodies like power windows and A/C . He said yes to both and they work great . Well I drive the hour and a half to go look at this truck . Almost get lost and almost run out of gas and then driving down this long road I see the Ramcharger sitting in a parking lot all by it's self . We pull in and I'm saying to my wife , this "can't" be the right one . Just then this young kid pulls in and said that I had spoken to his dad and he couldn't make it . Every were you looked it was rotted . It was a two wheel drive . No A/C . Manule windows that didn't work . And for the hell of it I got in the drivers side to start it up and my foot went right threw the floor to see the exhaust that was patched together with soup cans and hose clamps . Once the truck started it pushed a major cloud of smoke that filled the parking lot . I told the kid that his farther was smart not to show up in person .

Yeah Bear, there's nothing I hate worse than experiences like yours. I usually try to be as truthful as I can and if anything, down play things. I'd rather have a potential buyer pleasantly surprised than the reverse. If I didn't know better, from your description I'd have thought you were describing a Studebaker. They love to rust out. When a kid, our old 1960 Stude Lark was so badly rusted that we had brick bats holding up the front seat, you could see the road go buy through the holes in the floor, you raised your feet when driving through a mud hole to keep from having water splashed onto your feet and legs and we rode around with the windows rolled down anytime the car was in motion, even in the coldest winter weather. That was because (A) the heater didn't work and (B) it wouldn't have mattered if it did because there was so much exhaust coming through the holes in the floor that we would have been asphyxiated had we kept the windows rolled up. But on the bright side, it always started no matter what the weather and always got us there and back. Maybe not in comfort though.

Yeah I hate it too. Tell me the truth and I will still probably come and look. That one was an hour and half away as well. Couple years ago I went all the way to Canton, Ohio to look at a Warlock. I called the guy and asked bunch of usual questions. He said it was great truck. Could jump right in and drive it to Pa. He sent a bunch of pictures too, and it looked good in the pics. However, in person it looked like an entirely different truck. I wouldn't of tried to drive it across the street, let alone to Pa. He then showed me a Roadrunner that he wanted big bucks for that had a crunched in quarter and the firewall was about gone from rust. I think it was a 73.

Yeah , I think that some people think that if they exaggerate the condition of what there selling and you go threw the time and trouble of going to look at it that there's more of a chance of you buying it . That don't work with me ! lol When I'm selling something I try and answer all there questions and then some . As well as send them as many pictures as I can . Especially if there far away . Hell when I my 79 4x4 , I must have sent him about 80 plus pictures as well as a couple of video's of it running . The guy was just far away to come look at it in person before he bought it . ... Another thing I hate is when "your" selling something and people contact you with all kind's of questions telling you that there seriously interested and they don't even have a quarter of the money to buy what ever your selling . Or they contact you and say that there really interested and either ask just one question or they drag it out for a week with a bunch of questions and then just drop all contact with you for no rime or reason . That's what's been happening right now with me selling the Dart . You wouldn't believe how many times I thought that car was sold .

That sucks. I hope things go better for you. Lots of tire kickers any time ya put something up for sale.

Yeah , I've had to deal with tire kickers before when I've sold other vehicles but the Dart seems to be drawing them all out . I don't mind the guy's that's sent me PM's or e-mail's saying that they love the car and wish they had the money for it . I really do appreciate the compliments . But when they have me send pictures of this and that and ask me a bunch of questions and drag it out telling that there seriously interested in it and then find out that they never had any money to buy the car to begin with , that's what drives me nuts . I can't understand how people can waist other peoples time like that . I know I would never do that to someone else . When I contact someone on something , that means I "am" prepared to buy it if everything works out . O well , Thanks for letting me rant a little on your thread .
That sucks. I hope things go better for you. Lots of tire kickers any time ya put something up for sale.

No problem. Ya gotta let it out or sooner or later you're bound to explode lol.

Back