• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Introducing FTO's Newest Member: steve mccoy

"95 Ranger , 4cyl. , 5 spd , turns over , eng. lopes , but won't start . May start fine for several days , then Bam ! New starter , new plugs , wires , fuel filter .

Were going to need more info, any codes? Have you checked fuel pressure? When it wont start have you checked for spark?

Welcome. I guy I know that works at a Ford dealership told me one time that there was 2 different starters for some of the rangers. I can't remember what yrs he said tho. You may want to go by and see if that is what could be causing your problem

Welcome aboard from NJ. As mentioned above, check your trouble codes and listen for the fuel pump when turning key on. My son's 93 jeep went through similar last week. Cam position sensor (inside distributor) had gone out,(no signal). The code did tell us what it was after the key dance however, it did NOT set the engine trouble light! Good luck!

Welcome to the forum, try unplugging the mass air sensor in the hose going to the throttle body. If it runs better after you unplug replace it.

Back