• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Introducing FTO's Newest Member: snate66

snate66

Reaction score
Hey folks,
Thought I would sign up for the Trucks forum since I'm in the market to get back into a truck this fall.
I sold the 98 2500 Ram V10 service body a couple of years ago since the business shut down and I am just punching the clock now.
But I would like to get back into a Dakota. I had a 92 2wd and a 90 4wd back before the big truck.
After looking around I really cant stand the last version but I think I would settle on the 2004 SLT 4x4 Quad cab that I found.
Anyone have opinions(HA!) or advice on such a purchase?

Its hard to transport an engine block in a Saturn...

Looking to make a deal on this guy, but I need to make my way out to Montana to check it out.
IMG_4638.JPG

spend many a mile rolling in The big Blue..

Ram.JPG

IMG_4638.JPG

Ram.JPG

Last edited:
Hello from the bottom of the state! There was a truck like that in town here.

Welcome from NJ. That big blue was a monster! The Dakota looks to be in great shape. Good luck, I hope it works out for you! :)

Bought the Dakota in Missoula MT.
Hit I90 east Saturday afternoon. Slept 6 hours in a Billings Mt hotel. Stayed on I90 through Wyoming with a short muddy road trail detour close to Devils Tower. Home in Minneapolis by 11Pm Sunday night.
Rides great!
Only disappointment was that the CD player didn't work... I brought a couple of books on CD for the drive!

DSCN0785.JPG

If that's all that's not working you are good to go, easy fix, beautiful truck. Good luck with it!

Bought the Dakota in Missoula MT.
Hit I90 east Saturday afternoon. Slept 6 hours in a Billings Mt hotel. Stayed on I90 through Wyoming with a short muddy road trail detour close to Devils Tower. Home in Minneapolis by 11Pm Sunday night.
Rides great!
Only disappointment was that the CD player didn't work... I brought a couple of books on CD for the drive!

View attachment 11696
My 98 Ram came from the same area, Lolo specifically. When I came back to Minnesnowta, the Black Hills we're closed, so to speak. It was a fun trip bombing through Wyoming. Glad the truck made it home for you.

ya they are trying to call it totaled.. via, "bent Frame". but it all just around the bumper mount. Gotta wait and see how they do on their math.

Last edited:
considering taking a step back.
I found a 92 Dakota 4x 5.2 with 200K decent shape small rust and drivers door dent. Could probably get it for under around 1k.
I just need a truck. I got a daily driver that will last for a while.

I haven't heard the numbers yet for pay out on the accident or a buy back figure. now that its totaled they move slow..

Back