• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Introducing FTO's Newest Member: Philoctet

Philoctet

Reaction score
Hi my name is Phil and I live in France. I have traveled twice on the west end of the Route 66 from Flagstaff to Los Angeles. Last time was in 2015 and I had the chance to spend a day at the Pomona Swap Meet. At the beginning I was looking for VW Beetle and Bus because I like the sound of the Flat4 but finally I discovered that another great sound exists it is that of the V8. During the swap meet I saw many trucks with great patina at low price compare to an old VW and I said to myself that it would be cool to cruise in Normandy behind the steering wheel of an old truck.
I bought my first truck in 2016 for the 80th birthday party of my father. It is a Dodge D100 1958 with a V8 315ci, 4 manual speed, a long bed utiline and a great patina.It comes from Carson City, Nevada. This one is for my father because he loves the Route 66 but he don't want to take the plane so I said to him if you don't go to the Route 66, the Route 66 will come to you :)
This truck is very cool and I like to drive it but not as a daily driver. So I bought a second truck for me in 2017, it is a Dodge D100 Custom 1976 with a V8 360ci, 3 manual speed and a long bed utiline. It comes from Ellensburg, Washington. The front axle, the gear ratio, the power brakes and the power steering make the big difference between the 58.
I have a lot things to fix on the 76 so I will be happy to read the forum and discuss with trucks addicts :)
2juillet2.jpg

Custom100-1.jpg

ebay34right.jpg

Hello from Minnesota. It's nice to see you fell in love with the American V-8! And it's nice to see you found not one, but two Dodges worthy of taking home to France. As much as I would live to keep them here in the states, if it goes overseas, then it has found a home that will love and care for it! That 58 has a lovely shade of patina, and I wouldn't touch it if it were me. And to get a long box stepside, you don't see many of those, anywhere! Was it ex military? Or some level of government, DNR, fire department, etc? Keep us posted. There are plenty of Dodge owners on this site, so we will do our best to help you out with anything we can.

Hi LocuMob,

for the 58, I don't know much about its story, I just have a sticker from Carson City Nevada on the tail gate. It was sold by DustyOldcars (before the company was closed) in the New Hampshire.

for the 76, I bought it on Ebay. The seller told me that this truck belonged to a local utility company and was sold at auction. On the doors it is still possible to read "Public works - For official use only"

I didn't know that long box stepside were difficult to find. I was thinking that people preferred short bed. In fact I have two Dodge and half because I had the chance to find on Ebay a 58 frame with engine and trains. It is a long box too. Except the 4 last numbers, my truck and the frame have the same VIN. I bought it to have spare parts because in France it is impossible to find them. The guy who sold the frame made a swap with a Dakota (engine, trans, frame, train, ... ) and just kept the 58 body

carsoncity.jpg

brothers.jpg

Welcome et bienvenue Glad to see another frenchman here . Hope to see your truck soon. fred

We have them lying all over the place.

Yes I know, that's why I cry when I see junkyard with old trucks on TV.

You said Hello from Minnesota and it make me smile because I bought last week a lower control arm for the 76 at the French Lake Auto parts, Annandale, Mn :)

I love internet ! I am 52 and I know there was a time it was possible to live without internet and to be happy anyway but I love it for these moments. Can talk with you in Minnesota or dodgefred in France at the same time, magic

yes internet is magic its a good place to source parts and to" meet" people with same passion...

French Lake Auto parts
I used to live 30 minutes from there, got plenty of bits out of that yard.

I remember that time when life was simple and slower. My interior for my Dart came when the internet wasn't in everyone's hand, literally. Had to call the seller, still my preferred method of communication. But the internet has helped me get my parts and get my cars closer than I could have flipping through all kinds of magazines/newspapers. And I've gotten things from all over America and some from Canada. Never would have thought that would happen.

I did not know Mitten so I asked Google and read some posts about the Michigan's mitten-like shape.
Funny in french we can translate mitten by mitaine which is almost the same word.

Hi Everybody,

back on FTO to present you the third D100 of the family. After the 58 and 76 long bed utiline, I bought my first sweptline last month. It's a 72 with an original paint which belonged to a plumber company. The carrier took it at the seller's home last week and it arrived in New York to take the boat "direction la France" :
s-l1600-12.jpg

s-l1600-7.jpg

s-l1600-15.jpg

s-l1600-13.jpg

Hi my name is Phil and I live in France. I have traveled twice on the west end of the Route 66 from Flagstaff to Los Angeles. Last time was in 2015 and I had the chance to spend a day at the Pomona Swap Meet. At the beginning I was looking for VW Beetle and Bus because I like the sound of the Flat4 but finally I discovered that another great sound exists it is that of the V8. During the swap meet I saw many trucks with great patina at low price compare to an old VW and I said to myself that it would be cool to cruise in Normandy behind the steering wheel of an old truck.
I bought my first truck in 2016 for the 80th birthday party of my father. It is a Dodge D100 1958 with a V8 315ci, 4 manual speed, a long bed utiline and a great patina.It comes from Carson City, Nevada. This one is for my father because he loves the Route 66 but he don't want to take the plane so I said to him if you don't go to the Route 66, the Route 66 will come to you :)
This truck is very cool and I like to drive it but not as a daily driver. So I bought a second truck for me in 2017, it is a Dodge D100 Custom 1976 with a V8 360ci, 3 manual speed and a long bed utiline. It comes from Ellensburg, Washington. The front axle, the gear ratio, the power brakes and the power steering make the big difference between the 58.
I have a lot things to fix on the 76 so I will be happy to read the forum and discuss with trucks addicts :)
View attachment 12463
View attachment 12464
View attachment 12465

Nice! Welcome!!

Dang, another nice '72-73 grille goes bye bye. I'm going to need to buy a whole truck for a clean grille!

Nice new addition to our fleet. Keep us updated once it reaches your shores.

nice truck i will be jalous!!!! nearly the same as mine love the patina.... j'espere le voir bientot sur un rencard.

Back