• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Introducing FTO's Newest Member: P R DeWitt

P R DeWitt

Reaction score
Novice gearhead with interest in taking care of my old pickup truck - 1983 Dodge Ram D150.
Hoping to get educated on Mopar as I have been a long time Ford guy

I'm trying to find a Rams Head Hood Ornament for my 83 Dodge Ram D150. Looked on ebay and its ridiculous what they are asking. I just want to get my clean little pick-up back to it's glory days and the hood ornament is one of the very few missing items. Appreciate any leads.

Welcome aboard from NJ and a long time former owner of an 82 Ramcharger. Owned it for 23 years, and then gave it to my younger brother. What a great truck!
I presume you want the factory one that is held by a spring to help avoid breakage. If that's the case, I'd try a bone yard. If you could accept a stationary one that is close, they use to have them at (www.jcwhitney.com). They even had some that lit up at one time. Good luck. Let's see some more pictures of that old Dodge!:)
I just tried jcwhitney and they don't have them anymore. But I googled them and as you probably already know, ebay, amazon, ect... yes but ain't cheap!

Last edited:
Welcome aboard from NJ and a long time former owner of an 82 Ramcharger. Owned it for 23 years, and then gave it to my younger brother. What a great truck!
I presume you want the factory one that is held by a spring to help avoid breakage. If that's the case, I'd try a bone yard. If you could accept a stationary one that is close, they use to have them at (www.jcwhitney.com). They even had some that lit up at one time. Good luck. Let's see some more pictures of that old Dodge!:)
I just tried jcwhitney and they don't have them anymore. But I googled them and as you probably already know, ebay, amazon, ect... yes but ain't cheap!

IMG_1594.JPG

IMG_1590.JPG

IMG_1571.JPG

IMG_1570.JPG

Thanks for the input multimopes. Attached are a few.
She's a clean little gal. Just needs a little TLC

Hello from Minnesota. Nice old Dodge. Those Rams heads aren't cheap. I grabbed mine off my tuck before it went to the crusher, didn't want to see it get ruined. I'd try the junkyards also, that would be the cheapest route,

Don't worry about the Ford days...we'll beat that out of you yet...lol

Welcome to FTO from sunny New Zealand. :)

Back