• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Introducing FTO's Newest Member: K-Note72

K-Note72

Reaction score
I'm a 25 year old Oregonian, raised in a little logging town few have heard of outside of 30 miles. My first rig ever was a 91 Dakota, 5.2 4x4 (still have it, still runs fine). My commuter is a 95 Ranger I inherited, I-4 (weak POS but it saves on gas).

Hello from Minnesota. I have a "farmer" friend in Oregon, that's an interesting state to drive through, weather-wise I saw everything in the 24 hours I was there. The drive along the Columbia River was relaxing. Anywho, welcome to the site.

Hello from Minnesota. I have a "farmer" friend in Oregon, that's an interesting state to drive through, weather-wise I saw everything in the 24 hours I was there. The drive along the Columbia River was relaxing. Anywho, welcome to the site.
By farmer friend, do you mean someone growing a certain "green" cash crop? Cause I have a few friends doing that now that it's legal. Tbh I know more ranchers than anything, all you'll see where I live is log trucks and pastures full of cows.

Oregon really can show you all seasons in a day (more understandable if going east-west, west-east). LOL I've seen every season within an hour out my back porch, right now kinda wish I could see something other than scorching sunshine though (nonstop heat, hit a new high of 108F week before and been high 90s ever since). Everything's been catching on fire!

That I-84 drive is also a good route, see the geography change the whole way up. Took it all the way there-and-back to Montana

welcome from sunny california , got any pics ? i love the giant trees of the north west .
Welcome-to-Lane-County.jpg
EUgene-Skyline650x235.jpg
oakridge.jpg

Toss in a few homes and a couple cow pastures, and the bottom one would be reminiscent of where I live

Like this
mohawk-valley-photo-tree-farm-road-lane-county-oregon.jpg

thats a great place to live . the city sucks , lol .
Yeah the internet sucks but it's an acceptable con. City living assuredly isn't for me, watching my brother's house in town and the cars going down the road at night (some cop sirens too) just make it hard to sleep. Even hear some of the road rage from when someone doesn't know how to use a turn signal

By farmer friend, do you mean someone growing a certain "green" cash crop? Cause I have a few friends doing that now that it's legal. Tbh I know more ranchers than anything, all you'll see where I live is log trucks and pastures full of cows.

Oregon really can show you all seasons in a day (more understandable if going east-west, west-east). LOL I've seen every season within an hour out my back porch, right now kinda wish I could see something other than scorching sunshine though (nonstop heat, hit a new high of 108F week before and been high 90s ever since). Everything's been catching on fire!

That I-84 drive is also a good route, see the geography change the whole way up. Took it all the way there-and-back to Montana
He's still on the medical side of it, but same difference. Looking to get into the recreational.

I-84 is one I'm glad I got to travel. My friend lived in Ashland at the time. I'm still kind of mad that I didn't drive into California being so close to it, just to say I was there again. Saw every type of weather, some of the densest rain in Portland, than a pretty early foggy winter day along the Columbia, watching twins and barges. I was content.

Back