• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Introducing FTO's Newest Member: Guy

Guy

Reaction score
I have just purchased a 1973 dodge d200 camper special with a 360ci 2bbl engine, automatic transmission 4:10 rear end 112,000 original miles. it needs work as it has been sitting for 7+ years. I have already gotten a rebuilt carb from summit racing & will be going to dual exaust with glass packs (I know turbo muffs have less back pressure but I like the way glass packs sound} I am considering a 4bbl carb/manifold & camshaft. I don't want to do any head/ bottom end work. I would like suggestions & opinions as to best combo & if it ts worth the effort.

Welcome From PA. I would run it with the new carb and see how it is before doing to much work. make sure the advance in the dist is working both mechanical and vacuum.

Hello from Minnesota. I have my 72 and it was running like crap, and started leaking fuel at the carb. Got a rebuild kit, new gasket and needle and seat, it fires almost instantly, runs smooth like it's new. Start cheap.

Back