• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Introducing FTO's Newest Member: Barry

Barry

Reaction score
live in Washington. i have a 78 w150. that i want to restore to daily driving condition. it is, well a piece of crap. but its my only mode of transport at the moment. so just little bits and pieces at a time. i bought it for 600 bucks. its got the stupid all time 4x4, NP 435 4 speed, and a 318 small that is stock apart from bolt on's. its a regular cap short bed. and I'm trying to source a step-side for it, cause that's what it originally came with. but it has an old rusted out fleet-side now.

Welcome to FTO from New Zealand :)

Any chance of a few pictures of your piece of crap? :woot:
We like pics and the guys here are always willing to help out with suggestions.

Welcome to FTO

photos are always nice

I love them years of Power Wagons

Welcome aboard from NJ. I worked on some 78 trucks when I worked at a Dodge dealer way back when. I also owned a 76 Trail Duster with that same combo, 318 4wd with the full time transfer case but it also had a sure grip rear. When I put that mother in (locked) 4wd you couldn't stop it. I went through snow that was over 3 feet deep with no trouble. I didn't care much for the fuel usage; it was a thirsty SOB! Good luck with it and as already noted; please post pics!:D

Hello from Minnesota. I've had pieces of craps before, loved every one of them, post a picture or two.

Back