• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Introducing FTO's Newest Member: 84Miser

84Miser

Reaction score
I don't know how this happened. I went to an estate auction to buy a bench vise and wound up with a 1984 D150 Miser barn find. It is a stripper slant 6, OD 4 speed, short bed. It does have power steering, power brakes, and a 9 1/4" Sure Grip so it may not be a total stripper. The history, as related by a surviving sister, is that the truck was a project for her dad and brother. They pulled it apart, fixed all the rust with new metal, rebuilt the slant with Clifford intake and exhaust, new brakes, new clutch, rebuilt trans, and before they painted it, decided to fire it up and break in the cam. That's when the dash wiring harness decided to burst into flames and melt the dash and bust the windshield. It's been sitting in the same spot for 15 years. They were going to send it to the crusher after the auction so I wrote a check and drug it home. I thought a new dash, wiring harness, shift knob, and windshield would be worth adding to a $300 truck. Those items and a new set of tires are all it needs to be roadworthy since I can live with the primer spots. What do you think?

Welcome aboard from NJ. Would like to see some pictures as mentioned. It sounds cute.

Welcome from the Mitten, sounds like a great project. Some pic's would be nice.

Hello from Minnesota and we need pics, busted windshield and all. $300 sounds like a deal and then some.

Back