• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Introducing FTO's Newest Member: 1968D100

1968D100

Reaction score
I'm retired military and starting my first project, a mild restoration of a 1968 D100 Sweptline long bed. I grew up working in my family's body shop and two others and although I haven't done any body work in 35 years I'm confident that taking baby steps and learning the new ways I can get to where I need to be to do this.

Considering that the truck is all stock for the exception of a newer 360, transmission and stainless steel headers with Cherry Bomb Glasspaks and knowing that I may be a little too ambitious by wanting to keep all upgrades in the Dodge family my plan of attack is as follows;
1. Upgrade/convert to IFS (no leaf springs)
2. Install power steering
3. Upgrade/convert to disc brakes
4. Upgrade/replace differential (no leaf springs)
5. Relocate gas tank
6. Repair/replace rusted panels
7. Paint, interior and electrical (no computer)
I know there are many paths and options to accomplish these so any advice you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all for your friendly welcome. Looking forward to hear from you with any advice and suggestions for my project.

Hello from Minnesota. Nice truck, what are you wanting to do with the IFS, put it down I .the weeds, or just looking for a more modern, better riding suspension? I'm not sure there is anything out there specifically for your truck, maybe some universal type setup that you'd have to modify, or straight custom Fab work right off the bat. Love the "keep it in the family" mentality, plenty of parts to pick from that Ma Mopar gave us to play with! Look forward to seeing the build.

Thanks LocuMob,
Just like you said, I'm just looking for a modern feel and better handling. I don't want to drop it any more. I like the way it stands now. I'm contemplating a complete IFS swap with a compatible truck. I did a few late 40's and mid 50's chevy's in the 70's. I just have to find the right one. As soon as I get settled here I'm planning a couple of trips to some local junk yards and start taking some measurements.

Back