• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Intermittent issues

mopartoys

Reaction score
Hello all,
I have a 1994 Dakota 3.9 extended cab.
I wonder if anyone has experienced a wierd issue with head lights just going out. Sometimes you can turn them on and off several times and they will come back on. It is very random. Some of my gauges will not function as well. And not sure if it is related, but my radio seems possessed as well. Sometimes it works when I start up, sometimes it doesn't.
I think I am looking at two different issues, but not sure.
Any ideas would be welcomed....
Thank You,
Mark

Mike, I went through 3-4 headlight switches in my 95 Dakota. I could always tell it was the headlight switch because when I pulled the lever back for brights, the headlights would miraculously start working again. And as soon as I turned off the brights, the headlights would no longer work.

I dunno, I have never had a bad radio in any of the Dakotas/Rams I have ever owned nor have I ever really heard about such an issue. Plus I don't believe in coincidences that he has that many things going bad at once, normally with electrical issues there is a reason that would cause that. Assuming of course this isn't a beater truck that has been abused all its life. Bad headlight switch doesn't explain why gauges aren't working. You need to determine first if the gauge/ radio problem is seperate from the headlights. If they are all intermitten at the same time its possible they all share a common ground and that has gone bad. Although I would think headlight switches for that year would be cheap and easy to find so I would pick up one of those up anyways. More than likely you will need it.

Last edited:
Thank You ! I do have one currently ordered from a Local Dodge dealership. I figure it is better to go back to original. I will keep you posted, and I apprecaite your feedback!

Back