• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

I think the fuel pump died

7mopar

Reaction score
Think the fuel pump died on the 93 Dakota. Got within 1/2 mile of home when it gave out. Just sputtered coughed and died. Will have to sit till this weekend.

Have not had time yet. Battery was dead this morning and will have to figure out whats happening there to.
Was not wanting to spend anymore money on this than needed.
Anyone know the possibility of putting the 93 Dakota tank in a 83 D350 frame? Its one of the things needed to inject the 83 some time down the road.

Battery got charged. No fuel at the rail. Providing the weather holds will work on it some more tommarow.

Fuel pump replacement time. 25 psi at idle and 15 under power will not keep this mpfi alive.

No it wont and to top it all off, thats a known issue although, way less common in return style like yours. Ive driven SMPI Daks since 98 for work. I learned early on, if your gonna drive a lot and not buy new quality fuel pumps, to cut the bed in a neat square over the the pump access and put hinges on it. I always covered mine with a rubber bed mat so it wasnt even noticeable.

Got the fuel pump replaced Sunday. Would have finished Saturday but had to replace a few things not just laying around. Studs broke off in tank support. 3/8 ×16 easy replacement. Also discarded nylon fuel lines with longer rubber injection line. No more suppending the tank in mid air to disconnect from pump.
Anyway up running proper even the fuel gauge.
Had to replace front brake pads this evening. Metal to metal was annoying.
Sad I had planned on this thing being gone a year ago. Here I am still fixing it.

Back