• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

I think I just derailed the crazy train

Moparwendell

Reaction score
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
So I was looking at diesel trucks and not liking what I was finding so I bought a 92 club cab dually Cummins that is a fine peace of work but I also have my crew cab so why not make the crew cab the ultimate truck but that now creates a million new questions and ideas but i know I have to run the newer style grill to fit the inter cooler should get interesting but can't really start it until spring that's a lot of trucks to attempt to fit in my shop

Swapping everything to the crew cab including the change over to a dually maybe even the power windows all of it

This sounds like a project I'd get myself into as well ! lol But I'd figure out a way to use the earlier grill just because I like that one better then the 92 grill .

Just sell me the 92 cheap, and I can start my car selling/hauling business! I'm looking for an older Dodge for a puller of you come across any good and cheap ones (cheap, yeah right!).

Just sell me the 92 cheap, and I can start my car selling/hauling business! I'm looking for an older Dodge for a puller of you come across any good and cheap ones (cheap, yeah right!).
Yeah but if you started that business , you'd have to hire me and you'd have to deal with seeing my face on a daily basis . :cool: lol

Exactly what are you looking for? Diesel or gas, 4 wheel or 2? Imagine 3/4 if diesel and 1 ton if gas.
They do pop up occasionally.

Swapping everything to the crew cab including the change over to a dually maybe even the power windows all of it
Thats a tough one. Body would be a simple choice. Frame that one would be harder to make. Remove every thing from both trucks or add to the diesel frame install the older cab mounts and have it over with.

They are hard to find cheap this one is rough and has some tranny issues but was also cheap enough to justify buying and swapping everything over buying a newer diesel plus it will be a crew cab

I'm planning on just swapping everything off the dually over to the crew cab and rebuilding all of it bushings ball joints etc bc it all swaps with no problems I know I have to use the 92 radiator support I'm trying to decide if I should remove all the moldings and clean it up or maybe go a little wild try to make the older grill work or run the newer one I have a lot of things to figure out but I'm not planning on starting until spring

Exactly what are you looking for? Diesel or gas, 4 wheel or 2? Imagine 3/4 if diesel and 1 ton if gas.
They do pop up occasionally.
Preferably anything up to a 93, 3/4 ton dually, as many doors as possible, diesel preferred, 2wd would be best but I'd take a 4wd. When they do show up I'm always broke.

Preferably anything up to a 93, 3/4 ton dually, as many doors as possible, diesel preferred, 2wd would be best but I'd take a 4wd. When they do show up I'm always broke.
That is usually the way it goes with everything here.

I would be happy with new door seals. Got so much cold air coming in the heater can not keep up. Thought there was a heater problem but with it parked it will run you out with heat. Anyway it is a goal before freezing weather arrives.

That's a good goal the power wagon needs them bad as well but it also needs a blower motor switch still too but I figured I might as well be doing paint and body bc that's when all the dash is getting done too

Back