• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

I forgot DeSoto made these

toolmanmike

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am familiar with the Dodge Sweptside but forgot all about the DeSoto version. The Dodge is owned by Fishypete a member over at FABO
desoto.jpg
pete.jpg
pete1.jpg

Bet that made his day. He just did not want to be botherd or felt no one would have any interest. Beings it a Desoto what engine? My imagination goes to early hemi

desoto sheared the flt6 and poly's from dodge . but desoto was exported only from the usa . according to ''don bunn and tom brownell 's dodge pickups history and resto guide 1918-1971'' book .

it would be sweet with a 276 or 291 . a beast with a 330 or 345 . i've got desoto's 276 and 330 . my desoto 291's are race motor cores for a blown gas salt flats racer . i have chrysler hemis as well for other projects ,
00060012.jpg
DSC08150.JPG
DSC01695.JPG
i'm trying to get it all together , a 38 d100 pickup , got a rusty one for its bed and fenders for another , so the leftovers with be a glass fender n hood grille shell , running boards n rear fenders , stock cab n doors . the bed will be formed from heavy steel sheet for weight . just looking for the 200 mph mark .

Back