• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

I flipped the script

MoparsOnly

The snozberries taste like snozberries.
Reaction score
Usually I'm posting In the ram or general heading's. Well I just changed gears and, just purchased a 77 M882 (pic's to come). I have a bunch of questions. Question one what newer stuff is usable IE. core support, rear window, doors, etc., etc., etc. Next question I was going to upgrade my ram to a 518OD that has the lock up. Which would essentially give me a 4 and a half speed. Before It was a bolt In thing but, what about now? Will I need to fabricate a crossmember. I also think that I would most likely have to change out the T-case. By doing this will I have to get different drive shafts. Any input would be super helpful Thanks and remember Mopar or No Car.

The crossmember may work if it can be moved back, the 518 is longer. May be a difference in the transfer case mounting, driveshafts will have to be lengthened and shortened. Sounds interesting

Thats what I thought. I still don't know If I'm doing It my budget Is kind of tight. What about getting 2 drive shafts from a 90-93 W series that's a long bed. They should be the correct length. That might save a few bucks. I mean I don't really know I'm just spit balling.

Back