• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

How to lower a 1972 to 1993 Dodge 1/2 pickup using van lower control arms

Something different. Two wheel drive makes sense. I saw a 90's cherokee, lowered on wire rims. That made no sense.

I've kind of shifted my views of lowered cars and trucks after driving my Polara 500 that has saggy springs. I wanted the jacked up stance, but have come to appreciate, and start to dig the lowered stance. Not lowered so much, but flat. I'll never have anything that sits on the ground, too many harsh roads in Minnesota.

Yeah I had to put some air shocks on my Fury, as the springs are sagged out. I had taken them off and took them in to be rearched, which worked ok for the rest of that year. I should have had them add a leaf to each side while they had them. Then they would have held that arch for longer. I'm looking into getting a new set of springs for it come tax refund time. Mine is a 78 ( B-body) 2 door hardtop when I get around to ordering them I will be requesting stock plus about 1-1/2" and I guess those cars came with either 4 5 or 6 leaves per side, I have the 4 leaf ones now (original to the car) and will be upgrading to 5.

I had air shocks in the car and decided to take them out, it was after I drive it I realized the shocks were holding the car up. They were trashed so I didn't put them back in. The ride wasn't that bad, only over train tracks did it get rough. Was gonna buy some, but I have two parts cars I can steal from. :smuggrin:

Now if I had the stash of parts like that for the truck. But thankfully I have enough. Need a lift kit though.

volaredon, I think the reason people lower their 2wd trucks is, for me anyway, is for better handling, & some think it just looks cooler when it's lowered. But when people "slam their trucks into the weeds" it's just for show. I am not a fan of that at all. Just my opinion.

Back