• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

How to do accurate insurance valuation on limited edition truck?

72D3001TON

Hoarding trucks and running out of places to store
Reaction score
I want to insure my limited number (1,057 this build) 72 D300 1-ton 9' utiline step side through one of the classic car/truck insurance companies, but I'm not finding my particular truck anywhere to get a baseline for where I should start the negotiation process with them. I still need to put a fresh coat of paint on it, and replace interior cosmetic items, but this is a straight truck needing very little.

Any sugggestions?

thumbnail_image1.jpg

thumbnail_image5.jpg

My friends use Haggerty, and they tell them how much they want the vehicle insured for. It's called an agreed value. Figure out what it's worth to you, and add some money on top of that to cover your potential loss. No need for an evaluation tool, just decide what number you're comfortable with.

Agreed. Did the same thing with my Cordoba, just did some research on what models like mine were going for around the country, went with average price depending on condition and how much money i had put into it to update, basically what it would cost to replace my car with a like car. i also go through Hagerty, they're a good company.

Looked up Hagerty and gave them a call. Surprisingly, they put a value of $13,500 on this truck. I'll take it and only $167 per year.

I’ve been there. I did the same thing when trying to put a price on my vehicle. I looked up what similar models were being sold for around the country and gave myself a fair price based on market value and my investment in it. This is a smart strategy for anyone selling any used product as it guarantees that you get your money back for what you're selling.

I’ve been there. I did the same thing when trying to put a price on my vehicle. I looked up what similar models were being sold for around the country and gave myself a fair price based on market value and my investment in it. This is a smart strategy for anyone selling any used product as it guarantees that you get your money back for what you're selling.
Tim, I’ve looked everywhere and couldn’t find this specific truck for sale, anywhere! I know for a fact only 1,057 we’re from the factory in this configuration. So, it was hard finding a starting point. Hagerty suggested the $13,500…and then I found this other price/value estimate.

Attachments

• 80EB90E0-01D1-4299-B0F9-5D5F6F6D9250.jpeg
    80EB90E0-01D1-4299-B0F9-5D5F6F6D9250.jpeg
    80.6 KB · Views: 113
I want to insure my limited number (1,057 this build) 72 D300 1-ton 9' utiline step side through one of the classic car/truck insurance companies, but I'm not finding my particular truck anywhere to get a baseline for where I should start the negotiation process with them. I still need to put a fresh coat of paint on it, and replace interior cosmetic items, but this is a straight truck needing very little.

Any sugggestions?

View attachment 20763

View attachment 20764
You do not need to "negotiate" with them. Hagerty is an "antique car/truck" insurer, So Is Grundy. I use Grundy for my 66 Satellite even though it is "modified".(689HP/675lbft). Usually you can insure for what you want to pay for. Some have limits on when, where, and for what purpose it can be driven. Each company is different. Good Source of info can be found in HEMMINGS MOTOR NEWS. Anything is "worth" what someone is willing to pay.I have full coverage/no deductable on the 66. The reason they can do it as inexpenseive as they do. Is people who own,build,and dive these type of vehicles. DO NOT DRIVE THEM LIKE THE IDIOTS ON YOU TUBE DO!

Back