• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

hi yall

dalemoser

Reaction score
try to make this short.have been a mopar man all my life.bought my first dakota,n 2002 was a 96 single cab,shortbed 3.9.have always wanted a ext cab 4x4 v8.finally got it,heres the short story,w some pics.in 2009 my dad called said found u a ext cab truck,went looked at it,93 v6 truck,motor locked up,just happen to have an extra sitting around.swapped motors,drove the truck a yr n a half.motor started to use as much oil as gas.started lookin at buying a short block.then was talkin to my fellow mopar buddy,tellin him i wanted a 4x4,he said man i know where one is,ext cab,4x4 v8!!!!! been wrecked messed the cab up,could probably b pushed out.my thinkin use the body of my truck.im not a body man,dont want no wind noise.and of course i said how much,500.00!!!!yes!!!!lets go look at it.so we head out,go look at it,go talk to the guy,find out the truck had been sittin for two yrs,but only had 125,000 miles.the next weekend,loaded up a hott battery,5 gals of gas,n 3 air tanks tranny fluid,and oil.went to the truck,battery on,checked oil,my buddy put air in the tires,got in,cycled the key to prime the fuel spun over 3 times,started!!!!!no motor noise.3 weeks later,started the body swap on a friday afternoon,had it runnin on sunday.now,i am wanting to find some 16" wheels from a 2nd gen truck. http://s1112.photobucket.com/albums/k488/dalemoser/this is the 2 trucks i used.

Back