• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Hellow From Missouri

ky509

Reaction score
This is a photo of my 1979 GMC. It started life as a wrecker/ recovery unit. 400 engine, 4 spd tranny, Dana 60 front and 14 bolt corporate rear and 4 wheel drive.
It was completely worn out. So I started with a frame and drive line.

Newly rebuilt 454. New rebuilt rust free cab. all new GM sheet metal. New 12 inch clutch assembly. All new rebuilt accessories. Extra rust proofing every where on the new sheet metal. Sound deadner under the floor mat and up the back of the cab to conserve the heat and A/C pluse deaden the noise. New 10 ply Michelin tires, new semilators. New orange paint. All new synthetic lubricants in the axles, transmission and transfere case. All suspension parts that were worn or bad have been replaced. New Monroe heavy duty gas shocks. New 4 row radiator. I have done way mre than I can list to this one. New rebuilt seat, radio, intermitent wipers. The intire A/C system, every piece is factory new. Like I said just too much to list.

This is one Hoss of a truck

TUFF  E NUFF 2.jpg

TUFF  E NUFF 2.jpg

Last edited:
Really not sure. I use to be a welder/ foreman in a utility truck body factory. So I have the skills to design and build my own bed. But, it sure would be a lot easier to find a factory bed and just bolt it on. I am getting lazy in my old age. Anyhow the bed is still up in the air. However I have to do something fairly quick as when I drive it now the tires throw so many stones at the back of the cab i am afraid I will lose a rear window.

I finally decided on a flat bed. If there is any one with a nice used flat bed that will fit this truck and with in 400 miles of Missouri, I am interested in it. Please no junk. If your bed is rotted and banged up, I am not interested. We have a local dealer called cow town that sells new plain jane flat beds for $650.00 I am willing to give that and maybe more for a nice used one with side skirts or underneith tool boxes and possibly a head ache rack. Please contact me with anything you have or any leads you know of.

And thanks

Back