• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

heater vacuum hose routing with air 1982-1983

7mopar

Reaction score
Need vacuum hose diagram for switch extension connector on heater box side connections.
Should be color coded and 6 hoses. Mine fell out of connector some how last spring and I have not figured out right combination. D150 cab 1982 and 1983 are same, truck has factory air.

vacuum diagram.jpgWould this help ?

vacuum diagram.jpg

Do all the blower speeds work ? If so then I suggest dropping your glove box and try your switch's . You should be able to see the levers and actuator's opening or trying to open for the doors . If they look like there opening or trying to open then it might be as simple as a bunch of leaves and such built up in your heater box . This is "very" common in these trucks . If you think that's the case then there's two ways you can go . One obviously is to pull the box and split it open and clean it out . The box is two pieces and there's clips that hold the two halves together . The second way is to carefully cut a whole in the front of your box ( in the right place ) and that gives you access to the one area were "most of" the crap collects . After you've cleaned it out then you can get a flat piece of plastic or something and block off the whole that you made with a couple of self taping screws . Make sure you put a bead of silicone around it to act like a seal . .. The other things it could be if your blower is working and your doors are opening and closing correctly but your heat is lacking is #1 heater core clogged and #2 Valve on heater hose ( under hood ) not opening or not opening enough . To check that warm up engine with heat on , feel the hose's on both sides of the valve to see if there hot . Also check to see if your getting vacuum at that valve . Yours being an A/C , It's vacuum operated . I know all this sounds like a lot but I hope it helps you .

Vacuum port.jpg

I recently did this on a 85, I'm pretty sure they are the same as a 83.
Here is a mock up of the colors and where they go.
When I got done, everything worked.
The one with the X is blocked off.

Back