• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Good score today - 79 Ford 4x4

70DartMike

Reaction score
I was in my 75 Ford in the grocery store parking lot and had a guy come up and offer me a 79 Ford 4x4 for $400. Went to look at it, and bought it today. Not a bad score for $400. The body is rotten, but it's got a high pinion Dana 60, good running 351 auto with transfer case, 35" BF mud terrains with about 80% tread, a tinted rear window, and some trim and interior parts I need. We also picked up an 80 Chevy pickup with a good running 454 for $300.

ford.jpg

ford2.jpg

ford4.jpg

What year is that white Chevy/GMC tow rig? I had an 87 2wd C10 longbed the same color.

I believe the paint code is 5111 actually. Ihad that truck for 11 years and spent over 10k on it over that time period. It got parked when I bought my 00 Ram Sport then sold for less then the hood cost.

It's a 1980 with supposedly 37,000 miles on it. Front fenders are mint along with tail gate. Box and cab are a little rough.

To bad the body on the Ford is Rotten. I like the Dentsides. If your going to part it out I could use the Ford letters of the hood for my 79 project. Mine were all broken off

Back