• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

gas pedal

charm

Reaction score
Working on replacing the floor pans in my 75 D300 manual transmission.

When I got the truck one of the ball studs was missing (very annoying, but totally workable). When I removed the rest of the assembly (the second ball stud and the bolt that holds everything together) the second ball stud snapped. I figured, no big deal, I'm sure there's a reproduction of that just like there is the floor pans.

There 'may' be a reproduction pedal floor mount assembly, but I can't find it.

So, does anybody know where to find this reproduction part or, what are y'all doing if you need to replace the entire gas pedal assembly?

Maybe time for some fab work. A piece of rod and a few ball bearings maybe. If you are replacing the floor pan that would be a clue a welder of some sort is available.

A little ingenuity with a door hinge

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-05-17 at 1.30.59 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-05-17 at 1.30.59 PM.png
    452.7 KB · Views: 168
A little ingenuity with a door hinge
I considered something like that. But my goal is to have a nice interior, ratty exterior with a nice interior. So I'm looking for a cleaner way to do it.

Somebody has done this without a welder! I'm going to panel bond the pan replacements in. As expensive as that goop is, it's cheaper than buying a mig welder and learning to weld. (There are enough people arguing about whether or not to do your floor pans this way on the interwebs already...no need to rehash that argument here. I've read most of the arguments for and against before deciding to use panel bond.)

Considering Lamborghinis and such are glued together, panel bonding can't be that bad. I still want to learn to weld.

Considering Lamborghinis and such are glued together, panel bonding can't be that bad. I still want to learn to weld.
It's on my list to learn as well. But I'd rather get the truck running and enjoy it sooner.

There has got to be less problems with heat distortion and sealing of panels with the bonding process. The Germans claim they can bond structural members weighing tons. We just need to get over the old school heat weld. But I get it it's not how these were put together.

There has got to be less problems with heat distortion and sealing of panels with the bonding process. The Germans claim they can bond structural members weighing tons. We just need to get over the old school heat weld. But I get it it's not how these were put together.
Ze Germans weld a few pieces together, then glue them to the tub/structure of the car. How it Works Dream Cars is a great show for showing the process. Lots of black glue from a tube (caulk gun) and carbon fiber makes a strong ass bond.

I'd like to weld more for fabrication, but it wouldn't hurt knowing how to so I can get my fleet on the road sooner, and a lot cheaper.

If I were doing a concourse restoration, I'd weld them. But, I'm not.

Looks good. Now to fasten it to the floor.
That's exactly what I was looking for! Rebuild the plate on the top of the floor to match the plate that fits under the pan, and it should be all good.

Thank you

Back