• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Free Chevelle

owlafaye

Reaction score
In a small town on the Oregon Coast. There lived an old lady that drove a 1966 Chevelle 4 dr. sedan with 6 cyl/powerglide. She kept it garaged. She brought it to the local "mechanic" for servicing and any repairs needed on a regular basis.

I befriended her being her next door neighbor, and brought her a big hunk of salmon or a few crabs now and then.

She told me that when that car stopped working she would die...and sure enough, the car stopped working, someone tried to fix it, she never called me and yes, she died.

Months later I got a letter from her younger sister saying the elderly lady had left the car to me! We made arrangements and I went next door at the appointed time and was told that she had mentioned me in her diary which they used as a will, and she had asked them to give me the car!

I opened the hood and adjusted the points, jumped the battery and it started right up.

It was impeccable. I simply parked it in my yard and used it for a driver. A friend banged the oil pan on something and drove it back to my house with no oil so I sold it to the first $100....I had so many good running trucks and cars and I just didn't want to deal with it.

The new owner put another 6 cyl. in it, calling me 3 years later to ask if I wanted it back for $100 as the replacement engine had failed! I let it go again...just the wrong time for me on both occasions. Now retired, I wish I had it.

Great story, you never know what may come from the kindness you show to others or how much a simple hello can have a impact.

Back