• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

First (hopefully last) Accident

ZachArlen

Reaction score
First (hopefully last) Accident (all fixed PICS)

Well guys, a week or so ago I had my first accident, and my poor little dakota took a hit. It doesn't look too bad in the picture but it was almost totaled. Must have hit too many expensive pieces I guess. I hit a 97 buick, totaled.

I was traveling south on 87 here in PA and was going through Amish (spelling?) country when we came up on a horse and buggy traveling the other direction... the guy was walking with the horse and was having trouble with it. As I was watching the guy with the buggy to make sure they didnt wander into our lane, the gentleman in front of me stopped in the buick. By the time I looked back it was too late. Slammed on the brakes and slid quite a ways... keep in mind it's single lane highway... ditch on one side and buggy on the other. I steered toward the ditch hoping to get out of the way but realized it was too deep and braced for the impact... didnt hit him going too fast but still got him pretty good. They say everyone has an accident eventually, and I'm hoping my first one is also the last. At least I can say we were both alright and drove our cars home, and that I didnt get into an accident because I was on the cell phone.

Anyway, why am I posting this? Before and after shot... the truck goes into the shop next week and I'm getting some minor changes done to update the truck a bit. Will post a couple of pics after next week.

262993_2171051229988_1057978039_32448175_2051131_n.jpg

Last edited:
I would have steered towards the buggy...wood is softer than metal...:biggrin1:

:kev: All kidding aside I am glad everyone was okay.

Back