• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Expanding My Widebody Fleet

LocuMob

Fluid Technician
Reaction score
The Avenger had been slowly fading into the shit box category since I got it back from my stepson. Things just started to fall apart on it. I made the subconscious decision to let it fall apart further, and see how far it would go. It took me far enough to get it's replacement, a Chrysler Town & Country of the same vintage, 2008. Didn't notice both had flared styling until after I arranged to look at the van, Widebodys before their time.

PXL_20230214_223405781.jpg

PXL_20230214_223339905.jpg

PXL_20230214_223313595.jpg

It has 207,250 on it, and has multiple little issues like the blower actuator makes noise when you start the vehicle. The auto open sliding door doesn't work on the driver's side, nor does the window go down. (I didn't even know the door window went down!) The map lights are touchy, a wiper didn't want to stay in, cruise doesn't work. But all the things I care about, work fine. Drives down the road smoothly even with the original struts, radio works, and it's got Sto-n-go seating, so I can haul all the crap I've done with all the cars I've owned in the past. I didn't want another cramped small car, and the prices for them were too high in my opinion. So I looked at vans, and they are the cheaper option, and more practical for what I want. Plus I've got the dogs and they're not toy poodles, they're big guys, so it just made sense. Sure, it's got rust, it's a Minnesota car with over 200k on the clock. I'm also glad it has the black wheels on it, most had crappy steel wheels or hubcaps that looked like garbage.

After I told a coworker I got this, he told me he had a 2013-2014 for backup. Has a coolant leak, and the front blower motor doesn't work, but he will let it go for cheap. Gonna take a look at it, and see if it's a keeper, a flipper, or a run awayer. Haven't had a side hustle for a while, maybe I'll become a van flipper. :smuggrin:

Last edited:
Only thing I have against a van is the mpg.
I have enough gas hogs. Any where close to 30 and I am game.

Only thing I have against a van is the mpg.
I have enough gas hogs. Any where close to 30 and I am game.
The Avenger only got around 23 at it best. It had the 3.5, the 3.6 could have got much better mileage. I've just driven around town mostly, so mileage could be better if I drove further.

Our old Avenger 2.5 V6 would get over 30 mpg on a road trip. Locally would average 28. We rented a Toyota Corolla. Pain to get in and out of. But 40 mpg on the road was real attractive.

My mom has a Chrysler mini but even at 93 I don't think she is ready to give it up. Even though she gave up drive five years ago. She still takes rides in it. It was also the last vehicle dad bought.

The sliding door issues are most likely the wiring loom in the plastic ribbon that moves with the door
The Avenger had been slowly fading into the shit box category since I got it back from my stepson. Things just started to fall apart on it. I made the subconscious decision to let it fall apart further, and see how far it would go. It took me far enough to get it's replacement, a Chrysler Town & Country of the same vintage, 2008. Didn't notice both had flared styling until after I arranged to look at the van, Widebodys before their time.

View attachment 22331
View attachment 22329
View attachment 22330

It has 207,250 on it, and has multiple little issues like the blower actuator makes noise when you start the vehicle. The auto open sliding door doesn't work on the driver's side, nor does the window go down. (I didn't even know the door window went down!) The map lights are touchy, a wiper didn't want to stay in, cruise doesn't work. But all the things I care about, work fine. Drives down the road smoothly even with the original struts, radio works, and it's got Sto-n-go seating, so I can haul all the crap I've done with all the cars I've owned in the past. I didn't want another cramped small car, and the prices for them were too high in my opinion. So I looked at vans, and they are the cheaper option, and more practical for what I want. Plus I've got the dogs and they're not toy poodles, they're big guys, so it just made sense. Sure, it's got rust, it's a Minnesota car with over 200k on the clock. I'm also glad it has the black wheels on it, most had crappy steel wheels or hubcaps that looked like garbage.

After I told a coworker I got this, he told me he had a 2013-2014 for backup. Has a coolant leak, and the front blower motor doesn't work, but he will let it go for cheap. Gonna take a look at it, and see if it's a keeper, a flipper, or a run awayer. Haven't had a side hustle for a while, maybe I'll become a van flipper. :smuggrin:

The sliding door issues are most likely the wiring loom in the plastic ribbon that moves with the door
Thanks for that info, although I'll probably never look into it. As long as the handles open up the door, I'm fine with it. The little kid in me just wanted to hit buttons and see what happened.

Last edited:
Back