• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Emissions in Wisconsin

DartVador

Reaction score
Has anyone ever heard of a DOT officer handing out a ticket for emissions violations in Wisconsin? I am betting not - unless they already had someone pulled over for something else and then found the emissions violation.

I know or think diesels are tested for emissions in a couple counties in southern Wisconsin. I am in northern Wisconsin. Nothing is tested for emissions up here.

I have a 2011 Duramax. Most 2011s had a LOT of problem with the exhaust fluid system. GM actually did extend the DEF system warranty on 2011s, to 125,000 according to the dealer I have had do some warranty work.

I am considering eliminating all the emissions crap from this truck. I have spoken with other owners that did and the trucks come alive, along with, getting far better mileage (thats if you don't enjoy the new power too much).

If you don't get tested where you live el I don't think there is anything a cop can do. DOT might be a different deal. Are you in construction or the like where you will be dealing with the DOT on a regular basis? I live next door and have never had DOT approach anything but commercial vehicles. And they were concerned with big rigs, not pickups.

As long as it doesn't attract attention by belching black smoke DOT will probly never question it.

Here in MI only certain counties test gas, not sure on diesel. I have heard that they are starting to crack down though. Like was mentioned above if it doesn't belch black smoke more than likely they will leave you alone. If you remove emission components keep the so you can reinstall them if they crack down on WI. All of the parts I have seen that remove emission equipment say off road only so use at your own discretion. Good luck.

Out here in CA they do a check on diesels....
It's just a visual.....
But you need to run D.E.F. on all the new diesels here in whacky CA

Back