• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

electrical chrysler orange box ign from summit racing. No spark checked ballast(1.8 )

ram150

Reaction score
I changed coil ,checked ballast (1.8) still no spark help It just quit driving down the road. HELP!!!

I'm by no means any wiz with electrical but something fairly easy to check would be the fuseable link on the positive battery cable. I've seen them get full of corosion and stop making contact or if that fuse is blown you know youv'e got an electrical issue. If your vehicle is newer none of this may apply.

How old is the orange box? I got one from Summit that didn't last 2 months. Threw an old junkyard one I had in and back on road. Also had a new Mopar Performance distributor, no more than 5 months old, that the pickup coil went in. Put old distributor back in. To test pickup, hook ohm meter leads to the two ends of pigtail on distributor. Should read between 150-900 ohms. Hope this helps.

Did you just put the orange box in ? Is it grounded good enough ? When you checked your ballast resistor , did you check both sides to see if you were getting juice ? And did you do this while cranking the motor as well ? I've check resistors that had current on both sides and then on a crank one side went out . That's on a two prong resistor but the same with the four prong . Also check both sides of the coil ( - + ) . One side should have steady current and the other side should go on and off as you crank it .

Back