• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Early Dodge Vans

Is anyone interested in having early Dodge van threads, ads and forums?

• Yes

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Richard Sweet

Reaction score
If anyone is interested, I'd like to see early Dodge van threads, classified ads and forums. There doesn't seem to be any yet.

I vote "yes" ! There was some cool early Dodge vans out there and it would be interesting to see what people are doing with them now .

I think I'd worry about getting the existing forums off the ground before adding more... And while I'm a huge fan of old Dodge vans (I'm helping my brother get an A108 travco camper van back on the road), there are already great forums for them elsewhere.

I hear what your saying "demulsion" but it's six of one a half dozen of another . The way I look at it is the more were open to all older Mopar trucks the more this site would have to offer . As it is , It's the Mopar trucks are keeping this site alive . Take a look at the amount of chevy and ford threads compared to the Dodge threads and posts . It's almost to the point were maybe we should call this site FDTO and forget about the FTO . lol But that's just my two cents ( As usual ! lol )
I think I'd worry about getting the existing forums off the ground before adding more... And while I'm a huge fan of old Dodge vans (I'm helping my brother get an A108 travco camper van back on the road), there are already great forums for them elsewhere.

Since I didn't find any van posts, I thought that this Pre-'81 Dodge truck forum was the right place to add early Dodge vans.

Well it does say "Classic Dodge Trucks - Pre 81" , so I'd say your in the right place . :becky:

Take a look at the amount of chevy and ford threads compared to the Dodge threads and posts . It's almost to the point were maybe we should call this site FDTO and forget about the FTO

I've never even looked in either of those sections...I'm a Dodge guy. haha

Richard, vannin.com seems to be the go-to forum for van enthusiasts. Not sure if they have a special Dodge section, as I've only been on there a couple times for some research.

I actually was surprised the other sections of the forum even existed when I first came over here. All the other forums in the network are Mopar forums.

I would go for that but why just old ones. Need to include all built till they stopped building the full size ones.

I've probably said this already , But I think a lot of the older Dodge vans are cool . Something like this . I just wouldn't want any newer stock mini vans . I can see those in any mall parking lot .
IMG_4388.JPG

Bear that why I said full sized. No need to look at mini's can see them anytime. I still see a few 90's vans but very few older ones on the road.

I like conversion vans, just wish they weren't so expensive near me. "Well you just don't see them anymore so mine's got to be worth a small fortune, at least enough to send my 3 children to Yale, Harvard and Princeton."

I miss my old van and it wasn't anything special, but it was cool.

A buddy of a buddy has a few custom conversion vans including a dual rear axle one!

I like conversion vans, just wish they weren't so expensive near me. "Well you just don't see them anymore so mine's got to be worth a small fortune, at least enough to send my 3 children to Yale, Harvard and Princeton."

I miss my old van and it wasn't anything special, but it was cool.

A buddy of a buddy has a few custom conversion vans including a dual rear axle one!
I did over a "few" custom van's years ago , You just don't see much of them anymore . I wouldn't even know were to get any of the wheel flares or spoilers or anything like that now . They used to advertise all that stuff in the back of magazines and such . I wonder if anyone is reproducing any of that stuff now ?

Back