• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Early 50's pilothouse

72*birdman

Reaction score
I found an early 50's long bed 5 window pilot house pickup recently. It's setting in a open ended barn. The body looked to be in good shape from the back and all the glass was good, also had the hugh wrap around rear bumper that attaches to the back of the stepside fenders. I didn't get a chance to see much of the rest because no one would answer the door and I wasn't going into the barn without permission. There is an issue with the truck though I don't know how long it has set there. My guess is probably 35+ years, and the bed is now belive it or not at least half full of old horse shoes and its mashing the heck out of the suspension. My question is how bad is this on the truck and what all do you think will need replaced if a person was to try and get it road worthy again? If it hasn't been driven with all that weight in it do you think it could have done anything to the frame?

Thanks for the info but I took a look around my place and I allready have 2 projects and I don't know how many I've got left in me so I think I will leave it for the next guy.

Back