• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

D440 Hot Rod

D440

Reaction score
Its actually an 87 D150. Has a Motorhome 440/727 installed. A 8.75 rear sourced from a 72 D100. Bucket seats & center console from a 80's era Ramcharger. 3.91 sure grip. Headers & a Demon 625 street carb. Truck runs very good. I've taken it to the strip twice. First time it wheel hopped bad & spun. So I installed & modified some old school traction bars. That helped the wheel hop but still spins. I have a set of Weld rims with sticky street strip tires I hope to install soon. I also lowered the truck 2 inches. It handles pretty decent even with that big 440 up front. I also had a custom drive shaft made for it
IMG_0807.JPG
IMG_8419.JPG
IMG_0414.JPG
IMG_0930.JPG
IMG_1128.JPG
IMG_1276.JPG
IMG_1466.JPG
IMG_1475.JPG

ya , but i'm ahead of you time wise . but behind on the day . just the way it works east to west sun traveling thing . just got a screeming deal on my machine work done to a 440 build , wade is great , hes the guy running vic hubberd machine out here in hayward . i'm going to bring him a early ind 331 that i have 354 pistons for with m/t alloy rods . pistons are rod were run once in a
DSC04065.JPG
331 block.JPG
jr fueler back in the day . but i need to derust them parts first . dr. x to the rescue .
DSC04064.JPG

yes sir , bushed n float'n pins . have a crank ready turned too , just needs polishing and then balance the works . i've got an old isky grind for it , needs some regrind although . the ramps are all wrong for good velocities , but i know a cam grinder guy , lol .

nope , you ? i can ask my cam grinder bud about them . i have a algon injection for it , but that still needs parts to complete . well i looked at carb setups . man i could put a lazy huff'r on it for the carbs cost alone . i do have this setup although . inline twin small mouth afb's . but you know bob what i should do is build another 440 or 383 for my projects , and put the current engine in a for sale project . hard to believe a bud of mine hooked me up with a dirt cheap cash in hand engine machinist guy with fifty years under his belt , and good parts at his cost . lol .

DSC03447.JPG

DSC04063.JPG

TO BE Honest any of those induction systems would work. I really like your post Paul. You & I think the same

With everything else you got going Bob where do you find the time to give the truck love?

Back