• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

D100 76 GCWR

Philoctet

Reaction score
Hello everybody,
I own a 76 D100 and I am looking for the GCWR of my truck. The Max GVW written on the factory plate is 6100lbs but there is nothing talking about the GCWR. I found GCWR for bigger trucks likes D400 to D700 but nothing for light duty trucks.
Can you help me ?
Thanks
Philippe

You will have to find a scale and simply weigh it.. But a guess with a full tank of fuel and nothing else would be 4800 lbs.
These things are not like cars. If the dot thinks it looks over wt.. You better have the plate to cover it and that includes anything trailered.

But you are in France. How is that done there?

Hi 7mopar, thank you for your answer but I think you talk about Curb Weight not GCWR. In France we have the PTAC (Poids total autorise en charge) which has the same definition of your GVWR (Gross vehicle weight rating) and we have the PTRA (Poids total roulant autorise) corresponding to your GCWR (Gross combined weight rating). You and I can't simply weight it with a scale because this is the combined maximum weight limit that the manufacturer has set for the two vehicles once attached. As I want to tow with my D100 this value has to be written on my french title. That's why I am looking for it. I found this document for bigger truck but nothing for D100

dlineup.jpg

I have seen it for smaller trucks posted on this site I think.
Away it does exist.

1986 version, I think I have a 77 owner's manual but can't put my hands on it right now.

upload_2018-4-30_18-57-25.png

upload_2018-4-30_18-58-53.png

Thank you Polora_500 for this document. It is not the same year but I think I can use these values. My D100 has a 360 engine and a manual transmission with a 3.21 rear axle ratio so the GCWR should be 10500lbs.

Back