• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Column shift indicator - 78 W200

RKNRLR

Reaction score
Ive got a small problem with my shift indicator. The top of the housing is broken (gone) so the globe just shines bright, lighting up the cab of the truck. Its worse at night when it reflects off the windscreen and blinds me.

Ive been shopping around for a replacement, apparently no such thing. Did it originally come as part of the column? and does this mean in order to fix it, Ill need to spring for an entire column? Happy to wrap an aftermarket panel on the column, dont really want to change the column unless its necessary.

Any help much appreciated!

the gear indicator is cast into the column housing, except for the tilt columns which had a separate piece IIRC

the gear indicator is cast into the column housing, except for the tilt columns which had a separate piece IIRC
Thanks! That's what it looked like as I was trawling through websites of various wreckers.
I even tried finding local alternatives, most Chrysler Valianta in Oz got the 904, but some got the small block 727. From what I could see, they were all cast into the column surround as well.

There should also be a colored plastic cap on the bulb that will help contain the reflection.

Back